What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Too much of feminism
- Lengthy scenes
- Not everyone's cup of tea
Magalir Mattum is the story of three best friends (Saranya Ponvannan, Oorvasi, Bhanupriya) who got separated after their school days, reunite once again after 36 years, with the help of Prabha (Jyothika). Prabha decides to take the trio on a three day trip, and the film is all about the moments and incidents that these women encounter during this journey. Jyothika, who is a documentary filmmaker and a very modern woman. Though the films title literally means Ladies Only, the story has several important male characters as well who equally contribute to the plot.
Bramma’s Magalir Mattum gives its women the opportunity to shine on screen and rarely do we come across filmmakers with such conviction. Jyothika's performance in the movie is simply superb and all females should watch the movie in the big screen. Jyothika holds the film together with her strong screen presence. She is well supported by Urvashi, Saranya and Bhanupriya, and it’s a shame they’re not being used effectively by other filmmaker. In fact the movie is given more importance to Women's problems and all the actors have done justice to their roles.
Ghibran’s background score gains special attention. His music elevates the scenes to a different level, and he continues to prove his efficiency. Manikandan’s visuals are worth mentioning, and his vision to use multiple long shots is seen, which is also suitable, supplementing the film’s mood The length of this film might be a little barrier in places, particularly with the first half. S. Manikandan had chosen the locations beautifully and is choreographed amazingly good. The editing part was portrayed by CS Prem.
Jyothika is seen more like another character, than as a lead. She has effortlessly pulled off her character, which is full of energy and cheer. Her characterisation is so strong, something that every woman would want to be. The film’s writing is very much confined, focussed and strong, and that is when you remember that this film is written and directed by Bramma, who gave us an impactful Kuttram Kadithal.
Uuff! Finally, Allu Arjun avoids Tamil after looking at Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder' failure Stylish star Allu Arjun recently made news by floating a new business venture as a confectioner and is currently busy shooting for his upcoming action-packed entertainer Naa Peru Surya, in which he plays an army officer.
- Why so much controversies around Mersal?
- Hari Priya in Balayya's next?
- "What.. Like Tamanna? Ew.. No... Never..."
- Esha Gupta vents her rage on Meme Creators
- Pawan Kalyan never learns his lesson from Flops - Taking a Flop Route again
- For fans of 'Baahubali', A Big Surprise awaits you...!!!
- OMG! You won't believe with whom Nivetha Thomas is going to share screen space!
- Mahesh Babu least bothered about SPYder Flop - His Chief Minister Avatar will arrive on...
- Tamil Actor feels so bad for not releasing his movie along with Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder'
- The 'Mega Hero' is finally ready to take by storm!
- Vedika's latest clicks in a Transparent Saree for Diwali is a lovely treat
- Have you checked out these latest sexy photo shoot of 'Baahubali' girl?
- After a huge disaster, it's time to make a comeback by Valentine's month
- Cancer patient's last wish is to meet Shah Rukh Khan - #SRKMeetsAruna trending to convey the matter