What Is Good
- Saif Ali Khan
What Is Bad
- Slow paced
The movie starts with a background story of a younger version of Saif Ali Khan who stays in a joint family. His father wants him to be a doctor, but he has passion towards food and cooking. So he runs away from home when he was just 15. And as time comes to present, we see Roshan (Saif) in New York pursuing his dream. He is a chef in a fancy restaurant. But he never achieved his ambitions and from a young boy with bigger dreams, he is a man with anger issues. He also gets into trouble with his ex-wife and son. At one point, his cooking ideas loses its freshness . How he gets back into the game? Did he joined with his family? What about the restrained relationship with his ex-wife? Watch out on the big screen.
Well, even before writing about the performances, we would like to say this is an 'Official' adaptation of Hollywood movie 'Chef' and Jon Favreau (Director of The Jungle Book) did the lead role in the original. But Saif Ali Khan has done the role with all his acting abilities and makes us blend along with the story. Scarlett Johansson character was done by Sobhita Dhulipala and she has done a decent job. But in the end, it is just Saif Ali Khan who scores and give matured performance as a hot-headed husband and also a caring father. Padmapriya (Radha) is Saif's ex-wife and she is mostly used as an icing on the cake. Rest of the characters have done justice to their roles.
The movie is mostly an emotional bondage between fathers and sons who's opinions, ideologies, attitude differs. The movie also has its comical moments, but more than comical moments, it's the emotions which run through. Ritesh Shah's witty dialogues are the backbone of the movie. Director Raja Krishna Menon who brings the official adaptation of 'Chef' from Hollywood has definitely tuned it to Bollywood. The Music is also a major plus. 'Banjara', 'Tere Mere', 'Darmiyaan' songs will ring in your ears for sure. Editing has been brilliant and Cinematography has been topnotch. No hush-hush cuts or zig-zag frames to annoy us. The production values are also rich.
If you have seen the original 'Chef' in Hollywood version, don't take it to mind while watching this. This is our own Bollywood version. Saif Ali Khan has totally nailed it. The movie is highly predictable and travels on the path which we prefer. But the travel never gets you tired. Brilliant casting, Strong technical team, Some delicious comical moments, are a total treat to watch on the screen. A beautiful, delightful and tasty film on cuisine of life. This Bollywood Chef has cooked a delicious food which would suit everyone's taste buds!
Kajal wears a Transparent Top and exposes her Inner Beauty during an Interview - 'Hot' Photo Proof inside !! Without any hint of doubt, Kajal Aggarwal is absolutely the topmost actress among the top league of actresses in the South Indian Film Industry. 2017 has been too good for her as all of her releases have tasted success.
- Just Money and Tamanna AGREES for 'EVERYTHING' !?!
- BIG Factor takes it to Mallu !!
- The Curly Haired Mallu Beauty ready to show the hidden side
- Enough of glamour - The Bubbly babe decides to go with some humour
- Pooja Hedge shows her thundering Thighs in Public by wearing such a short shrts - See all photos inside!
- Alia Bhatt opens about the Senior Actor on the sets
- Nivetha ready to show the Erotic Hot side
- Milky Beauty gearing up for some ACTION
- The Milky White Beauty's Skin Show will take some time to be seen on the Big Screen
- After continuous FLOPS and FAILURES, Can Mahesh Babu keep up for his fans?
- Keerthi Suresh's BACK to BACK gets some good attention
- The Long wait ends for Nithiin's Girl
- The Glam Girl and Hot Property of Tollywood gets 'BIG' one
- Can Mahesh Babu sister give a 'Hit' for the 'Flop HOT Heroine' ??