Sources have stated that Aadhaar should be made mandatory for the registration of NRI marriages in India to tackle desertion and other marital issues, an inter-ministerial committee has recommended to the Ministry of External Affairs. Meanwhile the proposal by the special committee on Indian passport holders getting married in India is aimed at protecting the rights of women who are deserted by their NRI husbands or become victims of domestic violence and dowry harassment abroad.
Meanwhile the Unique Identification Authority of India is working on a policy for the Aadhaar enrolment of NRIs, Overseas Citizens of India and Persons of Indian Origin. At present, all residents including Indian nationals and foreigners with valid visas can enroll for an Aadhaar number.
Moreover the panel also recommended that India amend its extradition treaties with various countries to include domestic violence as a criterion for seeking the custody of an accused. Furthermore an official in the ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) said tracking an offender in NRI marriages was often difficult. "The main issue is that serving of notice is difficult because you don't have the address”.
Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire! New York sources have stated that a woman of Indian-descent was left to die in a car by the driver who left her behind after the vehicle caught fire in New York. According to sources the firefighters found the charred body of 25 year old Harleen Grewal early Friday morning.
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa
- Is Aadhaar Card Mandatory for NRI Weddings?
- Donald Trump appointed Raj Shah as White House Communications Operations
- UNESCO Head condemned killing of Gauri Lankesh
- Another feather in Dr. Indran Indrakrishnan's Cap in Georgia Senate Resolution
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations done at BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir
- University Professor blamed for Child trafficking in Atlanta