VCK General Secretary Ravikumar has launched a campaign on social media and he urged the State Government to change the school names based on caste. Dalit leader Ravikumar has asked people to upload photos of schools bearing caste names and bring it to Government notice.
He asked them to be uploaded with the plea, "No caste names for schools." Speaking to media, Ravikumar said, "Only Tamil Nadu Government runs schools in the names of Adi Dravidar Welfare, Backward class welfare, etc. No other state government is doing this.
It is always dangerous as the idea of casteism in children is installed at a young age. Even private schools carry caste names such as Nadar and Gounder. This even provokes for caste-based riots. We urge TN government to take necessary action regarding this."
However, his campaign has also got criticism as most of them commented that he should remove reservations and reservations should be done based on Annual income and not caste. Most of them even lashed out as Dalit community enjoys all privileges under the name of caste and still they make such campaigns!
Arun Jaitley urges people to cast their right franchise Sources have reported that Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley yesterday cast his vote at a polling booth here, and appealed to the people to come out in large numbers to exercise their right to franchise. Meanwhile the Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat stood in a queue to vote at the Chimanbhai Institute in the Vejalpur Assembly constituency here, with voters eagerly taking selfies with him.
- For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!
- LG launches flagship smartphone!!
- Facing each other after a faceoff!!
- New promises for women self help group by YS Jagan