Chennai sources have stated that former Assam Governor Banwarilal Purohit, who has been appointed a few days back by the President as the Governor of Tamilnadu, has sworn-in as the State’s Governor by the Chief Justice of the High Court of Madras. Meanwhile it may be recalled that Dr. Rosaiah’s 5 year term as the Governor ended in August last year, a few weeks before the ill-fated admission of the then Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha to Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from where she never returned alive.
Moreover earlier Maharashtra Governor Vidyasagar Rao was appointed as interim Governor of Tamilnadu as well and the arrangement has continued for more than a year. Furthermore after working in the North-East, he now comes to take charge as Governor of Tamilnadu at a time when the State’s political scenario continues to be volatile for the past 11 months and ever since last December’s demise of ‘Puratchithalaivi’ J. Jayalalitha.
Rao’s functioning came under criticism from many quarters and opposition
parties in the State had requested the Centre many times to appoint a full-time
and regular Governor for the State. Chief Justice of the High Court of
Madras Indira Banerjee would be swearing in Banwarilal Purohit as the next
Governor of the State at a grand swearing-in ceremony took place at Raj Bhawan.
For 2019 General Election every critic, filmmaker, politician preparing their weapons Presently talks in Film Nagar are that self-made controversial critic Mahesh Kathi is coming up with a political satire movie very soon. Basing on the kind of political talks he's indulging these days, naturally, a doubt arises if his satire deals with targeting Pawan Kalyan first hand. Meanwhile a rumor in Film Nagar reveals a stunning planning behind this director.
- Former Congress MLA held for helping exchange illegal notes
- Swacch Bharat campaign vigorously going in Hyderabad
- Christmas Dinner organized on December 18
- KCR approved six months maternity leave for female home guards
- Why Revanth not booked any room at Gandhi Bhavan?
- Another major setback to Telangana TDP that is already ailing in the region
- Media houses changed big time with each journalist taking sides of few actors
- To gain TDP's support in both Lower House and Upper House, Modi settling issues with Naidu
- How could Modi meet Manmohan Singh even after accusing him?
- Do you know the Most Searched Word in 2017? Mariam Webster Dictionary reveals
- People don't care about Rajinikanth entering Politics - A Shocking Survey Report !!
- LG launches flagship smartphone!!
- Facing each other after a faceoff!!
- New promises for women self help group by YS Jagan
- Modi so far addressed 30 rallies in Gujarat