Chennai sources have stated that former Assam Governor Banwarilal Purohit, who has been appointed a few days back by the President as the Governor of Tamilnadu, has sworn-in as the State’s Governor by the Chief Justice of the High Court of Madras. Meanwhile it may be recalled that Dr. Rosaiah’s 5 year term as the Governor ended in August last year, a few weeks before the ill-fated admission of the then Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha to Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from where she never returned alive.
Moreover earlier Maharashtra Governor Vidyasagar Rao was appointed as interim Governor of Tamilnadu as well and the arrangement has continued for more than a year. Furthermore after working in the North-East, he now comes to take charge as Governor of Tamilnadu at a time when the State’s political scenario continues to be volatile for the past 11 months and ever since last December’s demise of ‘Puratchithalaivi’ J. Jayalalitha.
Rao’s functioning came under criticism from many quarters and opposition
parties in the State had requested the Centre many times to appoint a full-time
and regular Governor for the State. Chief Justice of the High Court of
Madras Indira Banerjee would be swearing in Banwarilal Purohit as the next
Governor of the State at a grand swearing-in ceremony took place at Raj Bhawan.
Air Pollution and Sound Pollution raises to a whole new level in Chennai The City of Chennai has recorded the highest level of Air Pollution across India. A Central Pollution Control Board’s (CPCB) data says that IIT Chennai had a hazardous level pollution of 2.5 (PM) hitting 936.69 μg/m3.
- US President Trump celebrated Diwali at the White House
- TDP splits into Anti Revanth and Pro Revanth groups!
- Why is Mr.Chandrababu Naidu still keeping a muted response on Revanth Reddy issue?
- Fire accident at Central Kolkata Office Building - Rescue works too slow?
- Coastal districts of AP likely to have heavy rainfall in next 24 hours
- Revanth Reddy starts to show his muscle
- IT jobs running low in Telangana - A shocking report!
- Most of the Indians have spent their Diwali on the Social Media!
- First Supported Modi for Demonetization - Now, apologizing for supporting!
- A Cold war popping between MP Butta and Jagan Mohan Reddy?
- Why Revanth met Rahul Gandhi?? Is he joining Congress??
- In USA, A Man's Life is saved by Apple Watch App Notification
- TDP keeping muted response!
- Rs.20,000 Crores sanctioned to reconstruct Hyderabad Roads
- Revant Reddy Criticizes his own party - But rules out talks about starting a own party!