According to sources P V Sindhu and Sameer Verma advanced to the quarter-finals with straight game wins but Parupalli Kashyap bowed out of the USD 600,000 Korea Super Series following a narrow defeat in the second round, here on Thursday. Meanwhile Olympic Medalist Sindhu saw off Thailand's Nitchaon Jindapol 22-20 21-17 to set up a clash with Japan's Minatsu Mitani, who was a bronze medalist at the 2014 World Championships and had also defeated Saina Nehwal in the finals to clinch the 2012 French Open.
Accordingly Hong Kong Super Series finalist and Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold winner, Sameer defeated Hong Kong's Wong Wing Ki Vincent 21-19 21-13 in 41 minutes and he will need to raise his game by a few notches when he faces local hot favorite Son Wan Ho.
Son Wan had to dig deep to end Kashyap's run in men's singles. He battled
for an hour and 16 minutes before getting the better off the Indian 21-16 17-21
21-16 to reach the last-eight stage. Moreover World No 4 Sindhu, who clinched a
maiden silver at Glasgow World Championship recently, had come into the match
with a 1-1 record against Jindapol, who had beaten the Indian at Syed Modi
International last year.
Rohit's 3rd Double Ton helps India to Level the Series India (392/4) beat Sri Lanka (251/8) by 141 runs in the second ODI match in the ongoing Sri Lanka tour of India, as Rohit Sharma scored a stunning double century, sealing the match in India's favor...
- Minnows Afghanistan ready to play Test Matches - They are going to make their debut against India
- #VirushkaWEDDING - The Perfect Fairytale - Wishing the A Happily Everafter
- Can England Win the Third Test against Aussies in 'The Ashes'?
- Kohli and Anushka goes on Abroad Tour - Getting Married in Italy? Photos Inside
- Virat Kohli jumps 2 places to reach 2nd Rank in ICC Test Batting Ranks List
- #IPL2018 - The Lion returns back to it's Den after 2 years - MS Dhoni gets back in Yellow
- Even Indian bowler Shami vomits on the field due to Delhi Smog - Can India win on the final day?
- It's Official - Dhoni to retire after the Second ODI against Sri Lanka at PCA Stadium, Mohali
- Sri Lanka players used 'Smog' as a bait to stop the play
- When Virat Kohli answer Miss World Manushi Chhillar's Question...!!!
- The Day/Night Ashes 2nd Test at Adelaide grabs more attention
- Thisara Perera becomes 7th person to captain Sri Lanka in 2017
- Senior Sri Lankan Spinner Rangana Herath ruled out of Third Test against India
- Virat Kohli is no longer the ODI Captain - He was replaced by...
- Virat Kohli's Double Ton shatters several records