Trends indicate that Indians are fast adopting mobile phones as their first screen for entertainment. A recent report indicates that time-spent on smartphones jumped by 16 percent in the period Jan-March 2017 over the previous quarter largely driven by a strong demand for social media platforms, and entertainment apps. Ever responsive to the needs of a super-connected customer base, Vodafone India has partnered with HOOQ, Asia’s first premium video-on-demand service to offer unlimited streaming of over thousands of hours of entertainment from Hollywood, Bollywood and local movies along with exclusive series, to customers. This basket of entertainment will be available on Vodafone Play, Vodafone’s one-stop entertainment destination to enjoy streaming of content; be it Live TV, popular shows, latest movies or trending music videos.
Vodafone Play subscribers can now binge watch popular American shows like The Big Bang Theory, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, Gotham, Supergirl, Friends, The Flash and many more. Enhancing the video streaming experience on Vodafone Play is a rich list of the best of local and Hollywood hits at no extra charges.
Inviting Vodafone customers to enjoy one of the widest choice of infotainment options on Vodafone Play, Dipankar Ghoshal, National Head – VAS and Content, Vodafone India said, “With mobiles becoming the preferred screen for entertainment, the average time spent on smartphones daily is significantly higher than TV, demonstrating that the engagement levels provided by smartphones remain unparalleled. We find our customers are increasingly seeking enriching and diverse content options. Through our partnership with HOOQ, Vodafone has further strengthened the base of quality content on Vodafone Play. As the world gets smaller by the day, Vodafone Play subscribers can now access globally acclaimed movies, television shows and more, at the tip of their finger anytime, anywhere.”
Commenting on the collaboration, Salil Kapoor, Managing Director, HOOQ India, said, “We are extremely thrilled to announce our partnership with Vodafone today. This collaboration further solidifies our position as the country’s biggest premium video-on-demand service. India is one of the key markets for HOOQ and this strategic partnership will ensure a wider reach for us giving Vodafone customers a window to experience the best of Hollywood movies and TV Shows across genres.”
This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, users of Indian mobile wallet major, MobiKwik can win gold worth Rs 1lakh on QR Code transactions. MobiKwik powers digital transactions for over 20 lakh merchants pan-India, and the offer is also valid on the purchase of petrol, milk and groceries. Users will also get assured 10% saving on every transaction. The offer which will run till October 20th has been christened “Iss Diwali Har Cheez Hogi Sona”.The company recently anno
- Help Cheep App to give Limelight to Our Unsung Heroes
- Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification