Airtel will leverage SK Telecom’s global leadership to bring India at par with the world’s best, when it comes to network technology
To design and implement a customised software stack on the Network layer to dramatically improve customer experience
To use machine learning and big data to measure network quality and experience at customer device level
To jointly work towards evolution of 5G, NFV, SDN and IoT
Build a solid pipeline of innovative products and solutions for customers
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider and SK Telecom, Korea’s largest telecommunications company and a world leader in building cutting edge networks, today announced a strategic partnership under which, Airtel will leverage SK Telecom’s expertise to build the most advanced telecom network in India.
The partnership will work across several areas including developing bespoke software to dramatically improve network experience, leveraging advanced digital tools including machine learning, big data and building customized tools to improve network planning based on every customer’s device experience. The capacity to identify, monitor and deliver improvements to the network experience on an individual device basis will be a first in India, helped by SK Telecom’s global leadership in this area.
The two companies will also collaborate on an on-going basis to evolve standards for 5G, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Internet of Things (IoT) and jointly work towards building an enabling ecosystem for the introduction of these technologies in the Indian context.
Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman - Bharti Airtel said, “We are extremely delighted to announce this partnership with the world’s leading operator when it comes to technology understanding and expertise. This partnership will bring a dramatically improved experience to Airtel customers in India by leveraging the expertise of a company that has built one of the best mobile broadband networks in the world.”
“Strong partnerships have been a hallmark of Airtel’s growth journey and we are proud to have always looked ahead to bring the latest technology to India. With SK Telecom’s clear and undisputed leadership in technology, this is one partnership that will decisively change the game in India and put the country at par with the most advanced broadband nations in the world.” added Sunil Bharti Mittal.
“SK Telecom is delighted to announce a strategic partnership with Bharti Airtel, a global leading mobile operator,” said Park Jung-ho, the President and CEO of SK Telecom. “SK Telecom will work closely with Bharti to achieve new network innovations so as to deliver a greater value to Bharti’s customers.”
About Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 17 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed home broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 381 million customers across its operations at the end of July 2017.
This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, users of Indian mobile wallet major, MobiKwik can win gold worth Rs 1lakh on QR Code transactions. MobiKwik powers digital transactions for over 20 lakh merchants pan-India, and the offer is also valid on the purchase of petrol, milk and groceries. Users will also get assured 10% saving on every transaction. The offer which will run till October 20th has been christened “Iss Diwali Har Cheez Hogi Sona”.The company recently anno
- Help Cheep App to give Limelight to Our Unsung Heroes
- Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification