A new Oracle study announced today conveys that Communication Service Providers (CSPs) top challenge is improving customer experiences, followed closely by keeping up with technological advancements. The survey, "The Communications Cloud: CSPs Take on Tomorrow", polled communications service providers around the world to understand how initiatives such as Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and the Cloud might help them overcome these obstacles and capitalize on new market opportunities.
CSPs are leveraging cloud technologies to transform their networks and create more compelling experiences for their customers, partners, and employees,” said Doug Suriano, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Communications. “The move to cloud will continue to play a key role in helping CSPs improve their service agility and expand their business with new innovations in IoT, digital, and cloud services.”
CSPs are under attack from increased competition and challenged by shifting customer demands, while aiming to monetize new opportunities and managing network growth. Whether a market leader, or emerging challenger, managing customer expectations was equally challenging to all.
As such, they are turning to technology to help meet increasing customer expectations while managing reduced budgets. NFV and the Cloud were cited as two of the technologies that are helping CSPs improve their competitive position, however they are looking for more than just technology from vendors. CSPs are increasingly looking for partners that can go beyond technology alone to ensure successful implementations and long-term outcomes.
The survey found that CSPs are:
Looking to the Cloud: Seventy-one percent of CSPs believe that a communications cloud could simplify operations, speed time to market, and reduce overall effort.
Making Progress with Network Function Virtualization: Sixty percent of CSPs noted they have made progress with NFV and many believe it will achieve many of their objectives around cost savings and time to market.
Expecting More from Their Vendors: Regardless of competitive market position, CSPs generally feel best prepared to handle technical challenges. While quality, cost, and, reducing risk are critical, more than half of CSPs believe the most challenging communications cloud migration hurdles are nontechnical. The survey showed that it’s more important than ever for a cloud partner to provide access to information and expertise, rather than best technology alone.
To learn more about the study and download the Infographic, please visit: Cloud Survey Infographic.
Cloud Comms Survey link: 2017 Report: The Communications Cloud: CSPs Take on Tomorrow
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, Pay through MobiKwik QR Code and Win Gold This Diwali, users of Indian mobile wallet major, MobiKwik can win gold worth Rs 1lakh on QR Code transactions. MobiKwik powers digital transactions for over 20 lakh merchants pan-India, and the offer is also valid on the purchase of petrol, milk and groceries. Users will also get assured 10% saving on every transaction. The offer which will run till October 20th has been christened “Iss Diwali Har Cheez Hogi Sona”.The company recently anno
- Help Cheep App to give Limelight to Our Unsung Heroes
- Dell Empowers India's Youth with Technology-enabled Learning
- How to make Madras Lamb Curry - Cooked with a medley of spices this lamb curry is simply delicious.
- Wipro Digital to acquire Cooper, a leader in UX and interaction design, and expand Designit's capabilities
- HTC Vive Announces Fallout 4 VR Bundle; New Vive Purchases Include Highly Anticipated Fallout 4 VR
- IDC: OnePlus Captures 57 percent Premium Online Smartphone Market
- Videcon WallcamPartners With Vodafone AnnouncesLaunch of IndustryFirst4GEnabled CCTV Solution
- Trabug Launches India's First Mobility Solution for the Inbound Travellers
- CSPs See Cloud Technology Investments as Critical to Improving Customer Experience
- Vodafone First Telecom Operator to Partner with ALTBalaji for Original Content on Vodafone Play
- ixigo Named the Fastest Growing Mobile Travel App in India
- Vodafone Partners LAVA to offer Complete Cash Back on Feature Phone
- Wipro Joins Automotive Grade Linux to Accelerate Open Source Adoption
- Airtel Forges Strategic Partnership with SK Telecom - the Most Advanced Mobile Broadband Operator in the World
- Jaguar Land Rover Racing Ahead with Electrification