What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier on the palate! Try it the next time you plan on to take on this meat.
For more recipes related to Mutton Ghee Roast checkout Mutton Curry, Kadai Gosht Hussainee, Mutton Khichda, Thom Methi Mutton . You can also find more Main Course Mutton recipes like Tsarvan Olu, Beans With Meat, Jungli Laal Maas, Narial Ka Gosht.
Prep Time : 31-40 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Mutton Ghee Roast Recipe
Boneless mutton cut into pieces and cooked 250 grams
Ghee 3 tablespoons
Dried red chillies 4-5
Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns 8-10
Garlic cloves 6-8
Tamarind pulp 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
Yogurt whisked 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Jaggery (gur) chopped 1 tablespoon
Line a serving bowl with a banana leaf.
Dry-roast dried red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Transfer into a grinder.
Heat 1 tablespoon ghee into the same non-stick pan. Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Grind together the roasted dried red chillies along with roasted spices, tamarind pulp and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a smooth mixture.
Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add ground paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add yogurt, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add cooked mutton, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and jaggery, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
How to make Agri Mutton How to make Agri Mutton The Maharashtrian hospitality is legendary. The cuisine has subtle variety and strong flavours and varies from region to region. In ancient times in the more affluent homes, feasts often started at mid-day and ended when the sun set! The presentation of food was alluring with a practice to sing sacred verses to dedicate the meal to God.Maharashtrian cuisine covers a wide range from being extremely mild
- Gongura Chicken Recipe Card
- How to make Andhra Brinjal Pachadi - Spicy and bursting with wonderful flavors, this brinjal preparation from Andhra is irresistible.
- How to make Hara Masala Kofta Pulao Mutton mince kofte cooked with basmati rice and green chutney very very taste.
- A Mexican snack spicy corn mixture and cheese wrapped in tortillas and baked food
- How to make Cheesy Eggplant Casserol
- How to make Palak Paneer
- How to make Ginger Chicken
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Goan Chicken Stew Chicken stew made in Goan style
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Chocolate Peda - Chocolate insinuates itself into every confection, including peda
- 7 winter stews from around the world
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- Chocolate Burfi Recipe