go to top
panchangam - 19/01/2020
- Popular News
- Latest News
- Editor Picks
Kabul sources stated that joy and celebration turned into horror and carnage when a suicide bomber targeted a packed Afghan wedding hall, killing at least 63 people in the deadliest attack to rock Kabul in months. Meanwhile the blast, which took place late Saturday in west Kabul, came as Washington and the Taliban finalize a deal to reduce the US military presence in afghanistan and hopefully build a road map to a ceasefire.
Reportedly the groom, who only gave his name as Mirwais, recalled greeting smiling guests in the afternoon, before seeing their bodies being carried out hours later. Mirwais told local TV station Tolo News The attack "changed my happiness to sorrow". Rahimi said "My family, my bride are in shock, they cannot even speak. My bride keeps fainting". "I lost my brother, I lost my friends, I lost my relatives. I will never see happiness in my life again." Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said at least 63 people had been killed and 182 injured. "Among the wounded are women and children".
Moreover Afghan weddings are epic and vibrant affairs, with hundreds or often thousands of guests celebrating for hours inside industrial-scale wedding halls where the men are usually segregated from the women and children. Reportedly the wedding guests were dancing and celebrating the party when the blast happened, recounted Munir Ahmad, 23, who was seriously injured and whose cousin was among the dead.