Sources have stated that at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress in Istanbul, Turkey, oil & gas industry stares at a dark future. And the reason is not just low price of crude oil, which is currently trading at nearly $45 a barrel, less than a third of the price 10 years ago $145 in 2008.
According to sources a grim portends of the dark future became visible just a week before the meet when Volvo had currently announced it would phase out production of petrol-only cars from 2019 in favor of electric cars. Meanwhile when speaking at the Congress, Amin Nasser, the head of Saudi Aramco, said that oil and gas would remain central to the world's supply of energy for decades to come. Moreover he believed there was a widespread agreement that even as the world moved to greater use of renewable over fossil fuels, petroleum would continue to be the heart of the energy mix.
But experts have started sounding the death knell for the oil industry and
further Stanford economist Tony Seba, known as an energy futurist, says
electric vehicles would devastate the global oil industry by 2030. Seba
predicts a catastrophe for the oil industry and according to Seba, the rise of
self-drive cars would bring down oil demand sharply which could reduce the
price of oil to $25 a barrel within 10 years.
Prospects of ride-sharing & private cars being allowed to operate as taxis in the country New Delhi sources stated that taxi permits may be liberalized so that private cars can easily be converted and used as taxis by service aggregators,” set up to formulate an action plan to reform the country’s transport system and make it less polluting. As per the report finalized by the panel, which included representatives of various ministries and the Niti Aayog government think tank, the report makes it clear that passenger safety needs to be ensured under such a regime and has to be address
- Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer HMSI inching closer in Indian motorcycle market
- Tata Motors sells a range of vehicles from hatchback to SUVs in India
- Volkswagen expands production of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- Women entrepreneurs are good not just for biz but also for society, says Jung
- US impact India export goods to America
- Renault & alliance partner Nissan discussing plans for a closer tie-up with Japanese car maker
- Honda Cars exports 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- AP aggressively takes a lead in the country by introducing 1 lakh electric vehicles
- Koda Kodiaq with an AEB system detects pedestrians as well
- Toyota Kirloskar Motors showed gradual increase in February 2018 sales
- Tata Motors says Jaguar Land Rover cannot be listed
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales