According to sources Honda had announced earlier this year at the Auto Expo that it'd be launching three new cars in India in FY19: the second gen Amaze is already here, the new CR-V is set to be introduced in October, and following that will be the tenth generation Civic. The Civic facelift has just been revealed, and we can confirm this is the car India will get.
The changes to the 2019 Civic's exterior are subtle. As standard, there's now a front ‘wing’ finished in piano black instead of the chrome bar we saw on the pre-facelift Civic displayed at the Auto Expo, a reworked, more angular front bumper with chrome accents for the fog lamp housings and a chrome strip for the rear bumper. Rounding off the list of cosmetic updates are new designs for the alloy wheels. There’s also now a ‘Sport’ trim on offer internationally, with 18-inch wheels, a splitter-style rear bumper, rear spoiler and added black detailing for the fascia.
Inside, the Civic face lift gets Honda's updated
seven inch touch screen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android
Auto. This aside, there are expected to be no changes to the Civic's interior. Also
standard on the Civic facelift is Honda's Sensing suite of safety features,
which includes a collision warning and mitigation system with automatic
braking, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control and more.
Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019 Accordingly with the introduction of the Outlander, the Japanese carmaker broke that dry spell, but it's looking to make a comeback on the back of an SUV heavy line-up. Meanwhile when spearheading that comeback will be the third generation Pajero Sport, a product that has already been a long time coming. We can now confirm the butch SUV will finally go on sale in India only in late 2019.
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go