According to sources Honda had announced earlier this year at the Auto Expo that it'd be launching three new cars in India in FY19: the second gen Amaze is already here, the new CR-V is set to be introduced in October, and following that will be the tenth generation Civic. The Civic facelift has just been revealed, and we can confirm this is the car India will get.
The changes to the 2019 Civic's exterior are subtle. As standard, there's now a front ‘wing’ finished in piano black instead of the chrome bar we saw on the pre-facelift Civic displayed at the Auto Expo, a reworked, more angular front bumper with chrome accents for the fog lamp housings and a chrome strip for the rear bumper. Rounding off the list of cosmetic updates are new designs for the alloy wheels. There’s also now a ‘Sport’ trim on offer internationally, with 18-inch wheels, a splitter-style rear bumper, rear spoiler and added black detailing for the fascia.
Inside, the Civic face lift gets Honda's updated
seven inch touch screen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android
Auto. This aside, there are expected to be no changes to the Civic's interior. Also
standard on the Civic facelift is Honda's Sensing suite of safety features,
which includes a collision warning and mitigation system with automatic
braking, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control and more.
Bookings for Hyundai Elantra rival commenced for Rs 31,000 Meanwhile ahead of its official launch on March 7, Honda dealers have started receiving stocks of the new Civic. Bookings for the sedan have been open, with the booking amount set at Rs 31,000. Recently dealer sources have informed us that the new Civic in the Radiant Red Metallic and White Orchid Pearl paint shades have received the most inquiries from potential buyers. The third most popular color is Golden Brown Metallic.
- Kia Motors taken wraps off of its Soluto sedan
- Honda Civic Sedan type to be priced between Rs. 18- 22 Lakhs launches by March
- Honda ended production of Brio hatchback in India
- New Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV to be launched on February 14, 2019 sees 4000 Bookings
- New-gen Honda Civic for India to be launched soon
- Fifth gen Honda City sedan to be launched in 2019
- Stamford Headquartered Company catering to various global companies from India
- Kawasaki will launch the 2019 W800 in India in next 1 or 2 months
- Drive Indian carmakers new generation Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Mercedes Benz V Class launched in India
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga six seater coming soon
- Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000