India’s largest car manufacturer has increased the prices of its vehicles by up to Rs 6,100. The reason for this hike has been the increase in commodity and distribution costs and adverse foreign exchange rates.
Honda cars have received a price hike in the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 35,000 across all its models. The Honda Amaze, which was recently launched at an introductory price of Rs 5.59 lakh has received a hike of Rs 20,000 on average, across variants. The new starting price has gone up to Rs 5.81 lakh.
Tata Motors also announced that prices of its passenger vehicles have been increased by up to 2.2 percent in order to offset the increased input costs. It is worth noting that this is not the first price increase by the Indian brand this year. Earlier in March this year, Tata had announced a price hike of Rs 60,000 across all models in its line-up.
Mahindra’s passenger vehicles have seen a price bump by up to Rs 30,000 or 2 percent in the month of August. The rising price of commodities has been the sole reason for this hike.
Hyundai hiked the prices of its cars by 2 percent across all the cars in its line-up except for the recently launched facelift of the Creta. Unlike other cars, the Grand i10 prices have increased by up to 3 percent, which has resulted in an increase by about Rs 14,000 to 22,000 depending on the engine option and variant.
Tata new Harrier SUV launches by 2019 Accordingly the SUV, which had debuted in concept form as the H5X at the 2018 Auto Expo, is Tata’s five seat rival to the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur, along with upcoming models like the Nissan Kicks and the production spec Kia SP SUV. The carmaker has been teasing exterior and interior details of the Harrier in the run-up to its launch, which is expected in mid-January 2019.
- Mahindra latest compact SUV, the XUV300, will launch in India on February 14
- Renault Captur massive dealer level discounts on on-road prices of 2018 models
- Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle