According to sources Mitsubishi may have taken a long time to introduce new products in India, but it looks like things are about to change. Meanwhile after the outlander, the next big launch from Mitsubishi India will be the Eclipse Cross a new five seat SUV that's already on sale abroad.
Furthermore when speaking to media on the sidelines of the launch of the Outlander, Uttam Bose, Managing Director, Mitsubishi India, confirmed the Eclipse Cross is indeed being readied for the Indian market. Post the addition of certain features mandated by Indian regulations, the Eclipse Cross will be launched in 2020. Accordingly "Of the products in the pipeline, the launch of the Eclipse Cross will take place sooner. It already has BS-VI-compliant engines, we just need to incorporate the OBD-II, a seat belt reminder system and a speed alert system. They are planning to launch the Eclipse Cross by 2020."
Further the Eclipse Cross is based on a modified
version of the platform that underpins the Outlander. Size wise, it's a shade
bigger than both, the Jeep Compass as well as the Hyundai Creta. The Eclipse
Cross sports a bold, chrome heavy face, a coupe like roofline and a
split-tailgate design that'll doubtless polarize opinion.
Car maker Maruti Suzuki announced increase of Rs.10,000 According to report the country's largest car maker, Maruti Suzuki, has increased prices for its models by up to Rs 10,000 (ex showroom, Delhi). The hike was announced yesterday (January 10) and came into immediate effect. The company said that the quantum of price hike will vary across its model range. Though Maruti Suzuki had previously announced in December about hiking its price from January, it hadn't specified the amount.
- Royal Enfield Bullet 500 priced at 1.87 Lakh
- Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS price announced
- Nissan will officially launch their Kicks SUV on January 22, 2019
- Jawa and Forty Two models sold out till September 2019
- Tata Motors new SUV has a lot to live up to
- Mahindra XUV300 all set to launch by February 2019
- Dealers confirmed acceptance of Mahindra XUV300 bookings for about Rs 11,000
- Tata Harrier is priced between Rs 16-21 lakh to launch by January 2019
- Maruti Suzuki offers attractive discounts this year end
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Mahindra S210 Electric Vehicle launch by 2019 Middle
- Italian scooter brand Lambretta makes its debut at 2020 in India
- 35 years ago Maruti 800 was revealed in India on this day
- Tata Motors plans to hike prices up to Rs.40,000 by 2019