According to sources Mahindra is all set to launch its new flagship SUV in the Indian market. The new SUV is yet to get officially named and is currently known by its model code, Y400. According to our sources, the Mahindra Y400 SUV will see a market launch on October 9, 2018. The new Mahindra Y400 SUV will sit above the XUV500 in the company's India line-up and will replace the first-gen SsangYong Rexton.
The Mahindra Y400 SUV made its public debut in India at the Auto Expo 2018 earlier this year and was recently showcased to the public in Mumbai at a company event. Based on the second-gen SsangYong Rexton, the Mahindra Y400 SUV gets a unique grille design which is more in-line with other Mahindra models.
Compared to the outgoing model, the new Y400 SUV gets an updated feature
list. While the model shown at the Auto Expo was equipped with projector
headlamps, a 9.2-inch HD touch screen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a
360-degree camera, a 7.0-inch LCD instrument cluster, cooled seats, Nappa
leather upholstery and a smart tailgate, recent sightings of
close-to-production mules have confirmed that most of the equipment above is
likely to make it in the India-spec SUV.
Next-generation SUV to replace ageing second-gen Pajero Sport by 2019 Accordingly with the introduction of the Outlander, the Japanese carmaker broke that dry spell, but it's looking to make a comeback on the back of an SUV heavy line-up. Meanwhile when spearheading that comeback will be the third generation Pajero Sport, a product that has already been a long time coming. We can now confirm the butch SUV will finally go on sale in India only in late 2019.
- Fifth-gen Honda City likely to come with diesel-CVT
- India's first Lamborghini Urus delivered to a Mumbai customer
- Mahindra Y400 SUV based on SsangYong Rexton, launch on October 9
- Maruti begins road tests of its made in India EV in India
- Much awaited Mahindra Marazzo catapulted successfully
- New Hyundai hatchback takes on Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Tata Tiago
- Petrol, diesel & CNG cars older than 15 years be scrapped
- Maruti's Ertiga for buyers looking for Seven seat people mover
- Tata Harrier SUV ahead of its scheduled January 2019 launch
- Five seat Mitsubishi SUV is in the pipeline for India by 2020
- Leading Carmakers announced price hike
- Mahindra Marazzo to launch Marazzo MPV by next month
- Ciaz facelift gets same number of variants & near-identical color options
- Midlife refresh brings slight changes to Civic's appearance
- New Honda CR-V SUV with a diesel engine ready to go