Hair dye, like other cosmetics and personal care products, is not regulated for safety. The government is not looking out for your welfare so it is up to you to research the products that you wish to use to determine if they are safe to use or not. Roughly 400 out of the 456 hair colors ranked at the Skin Deep cosmetics database of the Environmental Working Group are considered high hazard, which means they contain toxic ingredients linked to cancer, developmentative and reproductive toxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, organ toxicity, not to mention allergies and irritation of the eyes, skin or lungs.
Fortunately there are safer options for coloring
your hair that will leave less of an impact on your body burden and the earth. Generally
speaking, the more permanent the color, the more toxic the product is.
Semi-permanent and temporary colors are much less toxic than permanent colors.
Darker colors have been shown to be more toxic than blonde and red shades.
A great solution to the toxic,
unicolor home dyes are henna based dyes which can also cover your gray. Henna
is plant based, totally safe and non-toxic. Henna enhances your natural color
rather than totally covering it, which allows some of your natural highlights
to come through. Henna coats and seals the hair shaft so it not only products
your hair from environmental and weather related damage, but it also makes your
What products to be used during Summer Season? Sunscreen Sunscreen is your best mate through summers Make sure you check your SPF’s and apply it at least 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun. Also, if you’re going to wear makeup, give the sunscreen some time to settle on your skin before you apply other products.
- Maintain your beauty this Summer season
- Doing Waxing in your home without pain is simple
- Thickening of hair made easy through Supplements
- Try sprout as Beauty tips
- How to look classy like a Princess?
- How to heal dry skin in legs during Winter Season?
- Beauty tips for your hands
- Try Ginger used as an excellent Beauty product
- Tips to maintain Facial Hair for youngsters
- Beauty tips for Woman with 40 years and above
- Follow these steps to apply Lipstick
- How to treat your dried lips during Winter Season?
- Tips for Choosing Earrings When You Have Short Hair
- Benefits of threading which shows your Beauty
- Use Matte Lipsticks with these steps