Hair dye, like other cosmetics and personal care products, is not regulated for safety. The government is not looking out for your welfare so it is up to you to research the products that you wish to use to determine if they are safe to use or not. Roughly 400 out of the 456 hair colors ranked at the Skin Deep cosmetics database of the Environmental Working Group are considered high hazard, which means they contain toxic ingredients linked to cancer, developmentative and reproductive toxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, organ toxicity, not to mention allergies and irritation of the eyes, skin or lungs.
Fortunately there are safer options for coloring
your hair that will leave less of an impact on your body burden and the earth. Generally
speaking, the more permanent the color, the more toxic the product is.
Semi-permanent and temporary colors are much less toxic than permanent colors.
Darker colors have been shown to be more toxic than blonde and red shades.
A great solution to the toxic,
unicolor home dyes are henna based dyes which can also cover your gray. Henna
is plant based, totally safe and non-toxic. Henna enhances your natural color
rather than totally covering it, which allows some of your natural highlights
to come through. Henna coats and seals the hair shaft so it not only products
your hair from environmental and weather related damage, but it also makes your
Aloe Vera recipes for Skin Green Tea and Aloe Skin Toner This three ingredient toner is so easy to make. It promises to tighten pores, remove toxins, reduce redness and moisturize. Simply blend water, green tea, and aloe vera for a gentle astringent action. Those with extra oily skin can add some witch hazel if they wish.
- Some Beauty tips to brighten your face
- Moong Dal Powder face pack has anti-aging properties
- Beauty tips with Rose Petals Powder in your face
- How to apply Vitamin E capsules on your face for glowing skin?
- How to Apply Vitamin E Capsules On To Skin Directly
- Try Curry leaves for Beautiful Hair
- Wow Amazing Benefits of using Ginger as a Beauty product
- Use orange peel for shining skin?
- Do you want to get rid of darkness under arm?
- How to get rid of Dandruff naturally?
- Best homemade face packs for this extremely hot summer
- Growing thick eyebrows naturally with homemade ingredients
- How to look fresh the whole day?
- Rose Petals pack for glowing Skin like Bollywood Celebrities
- Choosing hairstyle brings your beauty out