Broiler chicken is usually the kind of chicken most Americans consume. But there is a downside to this staple. With the risk of food poisoning and antibiotic resistance becoming very real concerns, should you be exploring alternatives? If not, safety measures like cooking, storing, and preparing it right could save you a lot of trouble and ward off infections.
Consumer Reports published a feature on the results of their tests on a sample of chicken breasts of different brands including organic ones, from across the United States. They found potentially harmful bacteria in a whopping 97% of the tested chicken samples.
When you eat these broiler chickens, the antibiotics and other things injected into the birds could possibly enter your bodies too. The European Union banned the use of synthetic hormones in animals bred for meat way back in 1981. However, similar legislation hasn’t hit American shores yet. If the poultry you consume did indeed have such hormones in them, there are concerns that they could affect you too.
This on its own is problem enough, but to make things a little more challenging comes the added issue of antibiotic resistance. Because broilers are bred in such intensive conditions and are often low on immunity, they are chock-full of antibiotics given to keep up the health of the bird and prevent outbreaks.
Some Health tips which every girls must know from Actress Trisha Actress Trisha Krishnan’s diet tips have helped many young fans to alter their food intake and adopt a more healthy and nutritious diet. Being a huge fan of Vitamin C for its health benefits, Trisha makes sure to pack her fruit bowl with lots of lemons, oranges and other citrus fruits.
- Is eating Broiler Chicken unhealthy?
- Healthy benefits of eating Eggs
- Centrifugal Health (Part V) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Centrifugal Health (Part IV) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Centrifugal Health (Part III) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Do you take Iron on a regular basis? Where do you get from?
- Centrifugal Health (Part II) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Centrifugal Health (Part I) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Nutrition for kids during puberty
- Pregnancy tips for normal delivery
- Do you know which foods to avoid during Appendicitis?
- Do you want to reduce your weight 30 days?
- Protein foods builds body, Do you take in on regular basis?
- Cold and flu prevention from our daily diets
- Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy