People with diabetes are normally assessed annually for diabetic changes (retinopathy) at the back of the eye. If you have central diabetic retinopathy, your vision may be slightly impaired. Laser eye surgery will not improve vision that is reduced as a result of retinopathy, and many surgeons will not treat such people.
Because people with diabetes may heal more slowly, the cornea, which is what is treated during laser eye surgery, can take longer to recover. Some laser eye surgeons insist that diabetics have Intralase, which is the premium type of Lasik surgery and is thought to have a quicker recovery time.
If your diabetes is not well controlled, your variable blood sugar levels can result in your prescription changing. This means that your optician or surgeon will not be able to get an accurate measurement of your prescription for your laser eye surgery correction. This could lead to the laser vision treatment not being accurate.
Health tips for this Hot Summer Summer time tends to reduce one's appetite because of the excessive heat. But it is important for you to eat regularly because your body requires the nutrients to fight the heat and keep you healthy. Having said so, the best thing to do is to follow a light diet including summer veggies like squash, lauki, cucumber, ivy gourd, etc.
- Do you eat in Banana leaf which is eco-friendly?
- Eating Pan Masala has more side effects
- Some advantages of eating Sprouts
- Benefits of eating Bitter fruit Amla
- Some disadvantages of Drinking Coffee everyday
- Eating with Hands is healthy than with Spoon
- Pregnant Ladies should eat foods rich in Iron content
- Why Does Carb Intake Matter for People With Diabetes?