Scientific Research has revealed that Mangosteen contains a class of naturally occurring polyphenol compounds known as xanthones. There are two types of xanthones in this fruit alpha mangosteen and gamma mangosteen. Xanthones and their derivatives have been shown to have several benefits, including anti-inflammatory.
This fruit is low in calories (63 calories per 100 g) and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Nonetheless, it is rich in dietary fiber (100 g provides about 13% of RDA), which can be very important for individuals who are concerned about putting on excess body weight.
Mangosteens are rich in vitamin C and contain about 12% RDA per 100g. Being powerful water soluble anti oxidant, vitamin C provides resistance against flu like infectious agents and scavenges harmful pro-inflammatory free radicals.
Eating Pan Masala has more side effects Accordingly Pan Masala is a mixture of betel nut (supari), lime, catechu (kattha) with various flavoring agents which is being consumed by millions all over India at the cost of Rs 1 or 2. It is estimated by Global Adult Tobacco Survey 2010 that nearly 22 crore Indians who chew tobacco also chew arecanut. The growing market of Pan Masala can be gauged by the intensity of its advertisement on TV and other forms of media.
- Some advantages of eating Sprouts
- Benefits of eating Bitter fruit Amla
- Some disadvantages of Drinking Coffee everyday
- Eating with Hands is healthy than with Spoon
- Pregnant Ladies should eat foods rich in Iron content
- Why Does Carb Intake Matter for People With Diabetes?
- Medicinal Benefits of eating Betel Leaf
- Brown Eggs or White Eggs- Which is healthy?