In general, nuts are good sources of fat, fiber and protein. Most of the fat in nuts is monounsaturated fat, as well as omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fat. However, they do contain some saturated fat. Nuts also contain a number of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and vitamin E.
Moreover many studies have investigated the health benefits of increased nut intake. One meta-analysis of 33 studies found that diets high in nuts do not significantly affect weight gain or weight loss, but despite having little effect on weight, many studies have shown that people who eat nuts live longer than those who don't. This may be due to their ability to help prevent a number of chronic diseases.
For example, nuts may reduce risk factors for
metabolic syndrome, such as high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. In
fact, one study of over 1,200 people found that eating a Mediterranean
diet plus 30 grams of nuts per day decreased the prevalence of metabolic
syndrome more than a low-fat diet or a Mediterranean diet with olive oil.
Across the board, nuts helped stave off heart disease. In the study, the risk
of cardiovascular disease dropped by 29% and the risk of cancer dropped by 11%
among people who ate nuts seven or more times per week compared to people who
never ate them.
Benefits of eating Raw Vegetables Eating your veggies raw means you will likely get more water soluble nutrients vitamin C, and B vitamins than from eating cooked vegetables. However, even cooked veggies can supply plenty of vitamin C, so you can still meet your needs over the course of the day.
- Amazing benefits of eating Purple Colored Vegetables
- Wonderful benefits of eating Green Color Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Yellow colored Fruits & Vegetables
- Benefits of eating Red Colored Vegetables
- Healthy benefits of eating Jaggery
- Do you eat nuts daily to stay healthy?
- Special benefits of eating Mangosteen Fruit
- What Else Affects Asthma Symptoms?
- Treating white discharge in women with Homemade Ingredients
- Fenugreek seeds that could change your life
- Reducing Belly Fat is a Tough Task for Men
- Information about Osteo Arthritis everyone should know
- Foods recommended after delivery by a Gynecologist
- Staying healthy during rainy season
- Which is the right position to sleep at night?