While India aspires to become a fitter nation, this World Yoga Day let’s embark on a healthy journey by adding the goodness of California walnuts to our daily diet. Rich in antioxidants and an excellent source of Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) – the plant-based form of omega-3 – California walnuts are the go-to-nut for every health concern.
The most versatile of all nuts, here’s why choosing to enjoy a handful of naturally nutritious California walnuts and practicing Yoga can help you crack the path to wellness.
Heart Health Your heart is special to someone, so keep it safe and healthy by having diet enriched with walnuts. They provide heart-health benefits and are recognized as one of the first whole foods to receive a qualified health claim about their heart-health benefits from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Walnuts offer a variety of important nutrients, including good fats, making them an ideal ingredient for plant-based meals. A healthy eating pattern that includes plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruits, grains, oils, nuts and seeds, as well as protein and fat-free or low-fat dairy, is associated with a reduced risk of certain types of cancer.
For many reasons, walnuts can be a nutritious food for people living with diabetes or metabolic syndrome. Individuals with diabetes or metabolic syndrome often have conditions such as high blood pressure, abnormal cholesterol, high triglycerides, and obesity, which increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Findings from walnut health studies have provided encouraging results that walnuts may play an integral role in men’s reproductive health. Therefore, adding these to one’s daily diet may help combat infertility concerns.
Walnuts predominantly made up of good fats, play an important part of a healthy diet that doesn’t contribute to weight gain or hinder weight loss goals. Incorporating them into meals and snacks is a simple and convenient way to add important nutrients to your diet. Walnuts are also rich in protein, vitamins, fiber and minerals. Any successful weight management plan must include satiety factor, so walnuts are undoubtedly one of the right foods to consider if you are into a weight management program.
About California Walnut Commission
The California Walnut Commission (CWC) is funded by mandatory assessments of the growers. The CWC is an agency of the State of California that works in concurrence with the Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA). The CWC was established in 1987 under California law. This allows the industry to organize and assess itself (in this case the growers) in order to generate monies to accomplish a myriad of activities. The CWC’s primary interest, however, is and has been since its inception, export market development.
Today they also conduct extensive health and nutrition research and take an active role in publicizing the outcomes in all markets including the United States. An important facet of their operation involves the evaluation of its marketing efforts through market research and are also responsible for communication within the industry with more than 4,800 growers in the state of California.
Raksha Bandhan Significance Raksha Bandhan, Celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu calendar month of Sharavan, Raksha Bandhan is one of the most widely celebrated festivals of India. It is a day that symbolises the sacred relationship between a brother and sister. Literally translated, raksha means protection while bandhan means bond.
- Rakhi - an unbreakable bond!
- Raksha Bandhan: Unsung Bond between Brother & Sister
- Ministry of Tourism to Organize the First Ever India Tourism Mart (ITM) from 16-18 Sept 2018
- Chhattisgarh: A Numismatic History, a Unique Film on Story of Coins
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance and Oxigen Services to Create Pan India Network to Offer Insurance Products using Oxigen Micro ATM
- Corporates and Startups to Boost Commercial Realty in Gurugram: Innovest
- KTM catapulted smaller super sport
- CMD NSIC Launches Harit Saptah
- California Walnuts are the Way to go this International Yoga Day
- Who is your life partner ?
- Ahead of International Yoga Day, Dr. Mickey Mehta Conducts Yoga Workshops in Gurugram
- Any body who is too much stressed or confused should read this again and again.....I got all my answers..Try this..
- Fashion Capsule by Mallika Jain is Back with its Spring Summer Collection on 10th July at Hyatt Regency, New Delhi
- MIND BLOWING NEHRU BIOGRAPHY
- The Abundance Principle: