What Is Good
- Amir Khan
What Is Bad
- Some Cliches
After Last year's Dangal , Aamir Khan and his onscreen daughter Zaira Wasim make a comeback to silver screens, this time with an emotional tale of dreams, aspirations and ambitions trying to come out the chains of misogyny, chauvinism, and liberate itself, in Advait Chandan's Secret Superstar. Let's see what the film is all about.
The film revolves around an aspiring singer Insia (Zaira Wasim) , a fifteen year old girl, whose mother Najma supports her dreams , but her misogynistic dad stops her. With her mother's constant support, the girl tries to seize whatever small opportunities she gets, and soon begins to post videos by singing and playing guitar wearing a burkha, in the name of 'Secret Superstar' and soon her videos become viral on the internet, catching the attention of out of form music director Shakti Kumar (Aamir Khan), who tries to elevate her to next level. Did Insia achieve her dreams with Shakti Kumar's help is what the movie is all about.
The movie totally belongs to Zaira Wasim who impresses with her ease in emoting and expresses very well be it any situation. The girl who shined in Dangal proves that her performance and talent displayed in the movie wasn't a flash in the pan. Meher Vij as the mother and Arjun Raj as India's father are apt, and as the out of form music director Shakti Kumar, Aamir Khan is impressive in his brief cameo, giving full importance to Zaira.
For a subject revolving around music, Amit Trivedi's music is top notch, with an amazing background score, and songs like Main Kaun hoon, Sapne Re, sexy baliye instantly striking a chord. Anil Mehta's Cinematography is apt, and editing by Hemanti Sarkar could have taut by editing out few dragged sequences.
The plot is secret Superstar is very simple, but the way Advait Chandan has weaved the screenplay makes you realise how it is to have been trained by Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan himself, as the screenplay just connects instantly with the audience.
The emotional connect Insia's character makes with you will surely generate tears at her situations and feel and rejoice her celluloid success in the movie, and that's what makes Secret Superstar work, despite cliches and drags at places. It's a bold move by Aamir Khan to again play an extended cameo in a quirky role , giving full scope to Zaira and letting her dominate, and ending with a successful result. All said, Secret Superstar is a tale of courage, dreams and power to rise against the control of real freedom, presented in a loveable way.
Rakul Preet Oozing 'Oomph' for a Jewellery Photoshoot Rakul Preet who was happy with the success of Karthi's 'Khakee' is now totally shattered and crestfallen as her Bollywood dreams remain a distant dream still yet. The actress is currently working on her new Bollywood project 'De De Pyaar De'.
- Kajal reveals the secret regarding her toned body
- Raashi Khanna exposes her Hot Waist and teasing cleavage in Traditional Dress - Photos Inside
- Kajal gets haunted for her mistakes in early stages
- Shruti Haasan brutally faces the heat for 'THEN' and 'NOW' photo
- Shruti Haasan bags a good role
- Priya becomes model for Shopping Mall
- Among these 3 Hotties, Who is going to be the Lucky one?
- Disha Patani gets another biggie
- 'Nela Ticket' director to direct sequel for a Hit movie?
- Kajal Aggarwal 'WILLINGLY ACCEPTED' to do that 'Squeezing' and Lip-Kiss scene
- Nayantara will be a Brahmin Lady
- Oops! Kajal immediately sits 'Cross-Legged' in a Talk show after Cameras focused on...
- Do you know? How Tamanna got such a curvy waist and flat tummy?
- Bunny's Political movie in lines of 'Bharat Ane Nenu'