What Is Good
- Akshaye Khanna
- Production values
What Is Bad
- Non-linear narration
- Sidharth Malhotra
Police chase Vikram Sethi (Sidharth Malhotra) as he murdered his wife and he manages to get inside Maya's (Sonakshi Sinha) house as a refugee on a rainy night. Maya soon finds that he is an accused and she alerts the cops.
Police arrests Vikram and they find Shekar (Maya husband) dead in the house. Maya accuses Vikram of the double murder but Vikram pleads innocence. The mystery is assigned to Police officer Dev (Akshaye Khanna) to solve it in three days time. Did he solved the mystery? Who are the culprits? Who is the murderer? What is the motive behind it?
This movie is an adaptation of 1969 suspsense drama 'Ittefaq'. The story heavily relies on the shoulders of Sonakshi Sinha and Sidharth Malhotra. Both needs to narrate the story from their own point of view to Akshaye Khanna and they have scored pretty well. But Sidharth couldn't carry the movie and this character is completely heavy for him.
Akshaye Khanna has been seen in such roles many times and he is too good. His screen presence and humor with fellow cop carries the movie in serious situations. Sonakshi has done what she was expected to do. She could have emoted even more. Rest of the characters are just fillers. Sidharth Malhotra still needs to be more matured actor to carry such heavy weight roles.
Director Abhay Chopra has retained the same theme from the 1969 movie but he himself added some twists to the screenplay. Even though that needs to be appreicated, it just loses the essence as the movie keeps on running. The storytelling originality gets lost somewhere in between. Also audience might find it hard to read both the narratives of Maya and Vikram on a parallel note.
The story keeps on shuffling between the present and the past. The cinematography is good and it captures the dark mood pretty good. Editing needs more sharpness in such non-linear screenplay. In these thriller genres, the audience should be kept at the edge-of-the-seat till the end, and that is completely missing here. Dialogues are feeble. The production values are good.
If you are going to expect an edge-of-the-seat, nail biting thriller, you are surely for a massive disappointment! We assure you that. Patience is a virtue and you need that in ample while watching this venture. Akshaye Khanna carries the movie single handed.
Sidharth Malhotra couldn't carry such a weightage character and he is still emotionless in most of the scenes. He's pretty stone faced too. Sonakshi Sinha's presence is charming, but even she couldn't extract the emotions which are quite necessary. The cinematography work and Production values are the positives. Rest of them just fall flat!
5 Oops moments of SHRUTI HAASAN before CAMERAS - PHOTO PROOFS ATTACHED Shruti Haasan is one of those rare actresses who is known to flaunt her body before and behind the cameras. Now, we bring you 5 recent Oops! moments of Shruti Haasan and we are sure that these will make your lust to new heights.
- Kajal Aggarwal 10-Year-Challenge - Still the Same HOTNESS, GLAMOUR and SEX APPEAL...
- PIC TALK - Shruti Haasan has EXPOSED A LOT even before Plastic Surgery - PHOTO PROOF INSIDE
- From Bikini to Saree, Raai Laxmi showcase her 'Hotness' Factor and Glamour - 16 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- SUCHILEAKS Scandal fame TV Anchor Divyadarshini is 'BACK' with these HOT TEMPTING PHOTOS - VIEW ALL HOT PHOTOS
- These 10 Photos of Raashi Khanna will make your day spicy and saucy!
- Oops! Amy Jackson flashed her INNER BEAUTY wearing a Golden Netted Fringed Top with NOTHING INSIDE - PHOTO PROOF INSIDE
- Ankita maharena and Tuya Chakraborty - 4 letters movie heroines bikini clicks
- Trisha wears Sleeveless and Cleavage-revealing Dress for an Award Show and 'SHOCKS' everyone - 16 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Oops... Kajal Aggarwal in a Soft Porn B-Grade movie !?!
- Shruti Haasan's Glittering Dress will never let your eyes to blink - Hot Photos Inside
- When a fan got tempted to touch Rakul Preet's waist curves during a public function - 10 Photos Inside
- Gautami speaks on her Break up with Haasan
- Anushka missed a Bolly offer for Prabhas?
- Sekhar Kammula to work with Kajal Aggarwal