What Is Good
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's All round skills
- Ranveer Singh
- Rajputs shown on a good note
- Engaging screenplay
What Is Bad
- Nothing really!
Ranveer Singh is an absolute show stealer, as he completely owns the first half of Padmavat, dominating everyone around with his impeccable and unmatched lunatic acts, and acts as the madly violent Alauddin Khilji who aims Power and goes to any extent with his bloodthirsty attitude. Matching him beautifully is the elegant Deepika Padukone playing the titular role, and while she displays a subtle act in the first half, delivers an impressive piece of acting in the second half, where she dominates Ranveer with her powerful expressions and with her eyes that speak volumes.
She typically owns the climax with her emotional act and display of bravery with her realistic and astonishing body language. Shahid Kapoor plays a perfect foil for Ranveer and delivers a calm and composed act as the king puzzled and troubled by the trouble to his honor and his kingdom and excels in the emotionally charged pre-climax. Aditi Rao Hydari is pretty and essays a role tailor-made for her, to perfection.
While Sanchit Balhara's background score is haunting and equally provides goosebumps, elevating the war sequences and also taking the Madman portrayal of Ranveer to a whole new level, the songs composed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali himself are a treat to watch and hear, as Ghoomar, Ek Dil and Khalibali is the pick of the lot.
Sudeep Chatterjee's stunning shots make the war sequences realistic, blending well with the amazing VFX design and captures the royal milieu of Padmavat and Khilji's brutality in all its glory. After scoring double hits with Ramleela and Bajirao Mastani, Sanjay Leela Bhansali has once again cast his favorite onscreen pair, the real pair Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, In this on-screen adaptation of a work of fiction, that beautifully glorifies Rajput clan and their traditions, and gifts Indian audience a one of a kind visual extravaganza that's worth every penny.
While the first half moves at a normal pace, Sanjay Leela Bhansali compensates the pace with the engaging screen presence of the marauder, the onscreen Acting demon Ranveer Singh who entices, frightens and gains huge applause with his terrify portrayal of the power-crazy Alauddin Khilji, and with a gripping second half completely shouldered by Deepika who aces with her emotional and engrossing act, finally evoking tears, Bhansali has made sure Padmavat is a perfect entertainer which doesn't have a single moment of lag.
With stunning background score and songs acting as visual feasts, and with interesting sequences heavily dependent on VFX which is done to perfection, Padmavat scores high on the technical aspects too, making her a winner at the box office.
All said, this Padmaavat never actually deserved protests or ban but the only celebration, as she has beautifully glorified Rajputs and celebrates their traditions on screen in an engaging and entertaining way. Don't miss this grandeur extravaganza of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, powered equally by Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone.
Samantha angry on 'THEM' for making her sweat at gym... The gorgeous Samantha has been having a very successful career especially post marriage, as all her movies after her marriage are turning out to be money spinners and are critically getting great reviews as well.
- Ready for more says Rashmika after breaking Engagement and Marriage!
- Kajal Aggarwal's intimacy angers her Parents and now they are hunting a Groom for her
- Kajal Aggarwal lost to Trisha
- Naga Chaitanya LOSES to his wife Samantha Akkineni in Box-Office
- Kajal Aggarwal says NO to "WET & HOT" scenes!
- 'Care of Kancharapalem' Producer targets next
- Anupama jumps to glamour - Shows Wet Bareback and Hot Curves in Saree
- Star Couple ban mobiles to get Privacy
- Sayyeshaa Suriya gets a Malayalam Superstar as 'Villain'
- Shruti Haasan to reduce and get into a new mode!
- The 48-Year-Old Actor who paired with Trisha takes the matter to Court now...
- Keerthy Suresh's famous sequel makes it crisp
- Bhumika arrives with the Biopic on a Special day!
- A Big Surprise for fans of Junior NTR at 'Aravinda Sametha' Audio - Do you Know?