What Is Good
- Allu Arjun
- Action Scenes
- Production Values
What Is Bad
- Bad song placements
- Predictable second half
Allu Arjun as the army fan is a perfect fit, with his beefed-up physique and modified body language perfectly complementing the role he plays in the movie. Though he scores in looks, he comes down big time with his over the top mannerisms and antics during patriotic lines, and in the sequences leading to the stunts. Action King Arjun, for a change, plays a soft and loveable dad to Bunny and delivers a subtle performance that impresses. Senior Tamil actor Sarathkumar is the show stealer, in many parts of the movie, with his typical body language, and his giant physique makes his stunts believable, and pitting him against Bunny was the best part of the movie, Anoop Singh Thakur is stereotyped, while Anu Emmanuel just has to look pretty without nothing much to do other than being an eye candy. Nadhiya and Rao Ramesh are adequate.
Background score by Vishal - Shekar duo is terrific and is easily one of the most interesting scores of recent times. Of the composer's songs, Iraga Iraga is that perfect dance number, while Beautiful love and Lover also fighter also are hum-worthy.Rajeev Ravi's top-notch cinematography captures the rustic locales for the army setup as well as the breezy family visuals of Surya in a visually appealing manner, making Naa Peru Surya technically rich. After being a part of numerous blockbusters as the scriptwriter, Vakkantham Vamsy has turned director with Naa Peru Surya Naa Illu India, a tale of an army officer with anger management issues.
While the premise has been a never before seen one in Tollywood, Vakkantham Vamsy suppresses the excitement, quite easily with his making. Vamsy has made use of Allu Arjun's looks and physique by placing lots of action sequences, which go on and on, ending as a pain for the viewer rather than a treat for action movie lovers.
Though his cast including Arjun and Sarathkumar have supported him with their performances, Vamsy struggles to weave an interesting screenplay, as the first half takes too much time establishing the characters, and with too many action shots bores the viewer, Besides, the second half moves on a very predictable note, and the masala factor takes over the content, thereby impacting the quality.
With stunning cinematography, and rich visuals captured by Rajeev Ravi and massy music by Vishal - Shekar, the movie must have been on a different level altogether, but falls, due to the predictable and boring screenplay, that drags big time in the second half, with bad song placements, and forced fights and oneliners. All said, Naa Peru Surya has its intentions right, but executions wrong, as the movie ends up as an average can watch.
Rakul accepts 'She is a Lesbian' in Rana's Talk show...!?! The Telugu reality talk show Number 1 Yaari was a great success in the first season, and now Rana Daggubati is back to host the second season as well. This is a special chat show with stars revealing personal and unknown information and has since become a hit.
- Yet another failure despite cop avatar
- Mass Maharaja fails with Slim Waist Beauty
- After Kajal Aggarwal, here comes another hottie in Such an Avatar
- Even Kajal Aggarwal's glamour can't save Cop Thriller
- "I am no where near Kajal Aggarwal..."
- Trisha gets to know the camera tricks!
- After Tamanna got tormented by Director, it's Keerthy now!
- SAMANTHA AKKINENI herself shared a photo in Two-piece bikini and it gone viral
- Another 'Star Heroine' exposed like Samantha?
- Kajal Aggarwal exposing her inner beauty during the Shooting Spot - Photos Proof Inside
- Kriti faced BIG Oops! moment before Public - Check Photos
- Rakul now makes romance in Manali with 50-Year-Old Actor - Watch Video
- A BIG Happy Smile for Shruti Haasan
- We bet you wouldn't have seen SHRUTI HAASAN like this