What Is Good
- Richard M Nathan's Cinematography
- Vijay Antony - Sunaina Portions
What Is Bad
- Songs and placement
- Dull second half screenplay
Vijay Antony is perfect in the triple role with multiple angles and lives, set in different milieus, and in an author-backed role that requires him to deliver only limited emotions considering his limited histrionic abilities, Kiruthiga has extracted the best with necessary variations between the 3 roles. Anjali delivers another impressive act in an extended cameo. while Sunaina's cameo deserves a mention for her fine and remarkable acting prowess. The rest of the cast including Nasser, Amritha and Shilpa do not have much scope.
Background score by Vijay Antony suits the dark tone of the movie, while of his songs, almost every number gives a sense of Deja vu. Richard M Nathan's cinematography is top notch, perfectly differentiating the environments and lifestyles of the 3 characters, while editing by Lawrence Kishore could have been taut. 5 years after her debut with Vanakkam Chennai in her home banner, Director Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi has returned to direction with a movie that has a psychological and social angle in it, in Kaasi.
The movie begins on a promising note with the suspense build well but falters midway with the execution going for a toss, as the other two characters do not have much depth or strong emotional connect as the Doctor Bharath Character, and do not appeal much to the audience. With songs popping out at regular intervals and with none of them appealing except Arumbe number, and the heroines, despite the presence of 4 them, and none making a mark but only slowing the pace, Kaasi's second half takes a beating as well. The only savior of the movie happens to be Richard M Nathan's cinematography and the background score. All said, Kaasi begins well, only to end as a mediocre venture.
Nithya Menen grabs a Biggie The mallu beauty Nithya Menen who made a stunning debut as a full of life, an energetic girl in the Nani starrer 2011 flick Ala Modalaindi won hearts with her performance and beauty and went on to star in many successful flicks in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- A Hot Scene for Trisha in another Horror movie?
- 66 Hot Photos of Amy Jackson enjoying with Boyfriend during a Vacation
- Atharvaa's lip-lock with Aish spices up the single
- Tamanna cherishes working with 'This' Tamil Director
- Rakul strikes again with Hot exposure
- Rakul's 'Behind the Scenes' stuff in backstage
- Hansika at a shop opening event in a crop tops - See all Photos
- 'Vivegam' breaks Allu Arjun's movie record on YouTube