What Is Good
- Ranbir Kapoor
- Engaging screenplay
- Huge star casting
- No glorification in the biopic
What Is Bad
- A lengthy running time
- Some songs as hindrances
Ranbir Kapoor as Sanju, is terrific, as he has breathed life into the character with his intense performance. He aces the multiple looks in different stages of life of Sanjay Dutt, and be it anger, love, guilt, grief or joy, Ranbir conveys it all with his eyes and stunningly similar body language as the real Sanju, and makes one wonders how to compliment this extremely satisfying performance that is sure to fetch him a lot of awards. Paresh Rawal as Sunil Dutt appeals in the small screen time he gets in the movie, and his scenes with Ranbir are a treat to watch. Sonam Kapoor is good, while Anushka Sharma, surprises with her vital act. Vicky Kaushal proves yet again why he is an actor to watch out for, as he plays Sanju's buddy to perfection in another memorable role. The rest of the cast including Manisha Koirala who has rocked it in an emotional performance, Dia Mirza and Aditi Seiya is impressive in the limited scope they get.
Raju Hirani has been perfectly helped by the man of the match Ranbir Kapoor, who is a ball of energy who, with his stunning performance makes sure one would not see Ranbir but can only see Sanjay Dutt in various stages of his life, on screen. Such is the impact the star creates, with his intense portrayal of the so-called bad boy of Bollywood, aided very well by the neat narrative and smooth flowing screenplay by Rajkumar Hirani. While Rajkumar Hirani has depicted Sanju's filmy life with glitz and gloss in a colorful manner, he has presented the darkness of his life as well, including his nexus with terror, the black marks of his life, without trying to justify, or hide facts, or make Sanju a hero who was a victim of circumstances. Raju presents the reality as it was, and that is why Sanju is a notch above the rest of the biopic so far, where cinematic liberties were taken, and proves why he is a master maker.
He has extracted impressive performance from the whole huge star cast, and with good music and cinematography helping the cause further, delivers a very good and engaging biopic. All said, Rajkumar Hirani is an unstoppable success maker and this time around, helps Ranbir Kapoor make a stunning comeback, with Sanju, a big winner.
Raashi Khanna gets a Senior Actor now... Veteran hero action king Arjun had always been known for his Massy action movie and patriotic subjects like Jaihind besides also starring in biggies like Shankar's Mudhalvan and Gentleman as well. The actor recently scored in Vishal's 'Irumbu Thirai'.
- 100% Love getting Postponed again and again due to Tamanna!
- Anu's Bad Luck continues?
- Lady Superstar finishes Next
- Another Hollywood movie Remake on cards...
- A Challenging role for 'Sweety'
- Tamanna with Controversial Hero and Controversial Director once again!
- Kajal to do an item number in Sports movie?
- Rakul Preet is upset as her Flop Streak continues...
- Nivetha's for Sree Vishnu
- Kiara Advani posts Two-Piece Bikini Photos and creates noise on the Internet
- #NTRMahanayakudu Review - First Report - A fitting tribute to the Superstar politician
- Ileana's Hot Romantic Song with the 50-Year-Old Actor
- A leading brand fires Samantha
- '3 Idiots' to have a sequel