What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Mega Serial feel
- Heavy melodrama
- Preachy dialogues
- Predictable screenplay
Karthi is back to doing what he's best at, as he has proven himself as a pro when it comes to playing village hero roles, with movies like his debut Paruthi veeran, or the rustic Komban, and continues the same in Kadaikutty Singam / Chinna Babu. As the family's most loved son Thunaisingam, Karthi does a cakewalk, emoting perfectly, dancing gracefully, and excelling in sentimental sequences.
Sathyaraj proves that he's a veteran, with his subtle act as Ranasingam, and excels in his combination scenes with Karthi and Bhanupriya. Sayyeshaa gets her expressions right in few scenes, while her lip sync is a matter of concern. Bhanupriya and Viji Chandrasekhar are fine, while the rest of the cast including Arthana Binu, Soundararaja, Mounika, Ponvannan are adequate. Soori irritates in the name of comedy, rather than evoking laughs.
Background score by D Imman is pleasant, while of his songs, Thandora Kannale, Sandakaari passes the muster, while the rest of the songs aren't worthy enough. Velraj's cinematography captures the rustic milieu perfectly, and the highlights being the Rekla race and the fight sequences. Ruben's editing could have been taut as the movie drags big time.
Known for his rural flicks like Pasanga, Vamsam etc, Pandiraj's last 3 attempts, Pasanga 2, Kathakali and Idhu Namma Aalu have been disastrous outings, and this time around, the director has once again reached his comfort zone of a village-based family flick. Only that Pandiraj has been extremely lethargic in his writing, taking the audience for granted, with a beaten to death plot, and a cliched screenplay, that tests the senses and patience of the audience.
All characters including Karthi's character are poorly written, preventing the audience from getting an emotional connect. The villain Shatru is ineffective, and his sequences and the unwarranted fight scenes in the movie, impact the pace of the already dragging movie, besides, the poor song placements also have an impact.
While the first half moves pointlessly without getting to the core theme, the second half drags big time, ending as a mindless movie camouflaging as a so-called family entertainer. All said, Kadaikutty Singam is what happens when a maker forgets his craft and tries to capitalize on star power alone and fails big time.
2.O gearing up for release and fans are upset with Amy Jackson Nude Photos on Social Media Brit babe Amy Jackson had debuted in films with Tamil movie Madarasapattinam directed by AL Vijay and since then has starred in many Tamil movies like Thangamagan, Ai, Gethu, Thandavam and many more.
- Shraddha to come 'Twice' ??
- Agent Prabhas, Shraddha... Loading...
- OMG! Trivikram to remake 'SUCH A MOVIE' with Bunny and Shruti Haasan ??
- 'NOTA' Girl gets her next
- Even before shooting a major production house bags rights for RRR
- PIC TALK - Kajal Aggarwal in a Bra and Thigh-High Shorts exposing her Inner Assets
- Even in Traditional Dress, Kajal Aggarwal exposes her cleavage and navel - PHOTOS PROOF Inside
- CAUGHT RED-HANDED : Adah Sharma spotted Braless during Award Show - 20 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Can Tamanna give comfort to the Flop Hero?
- Can the Desi Beauty give a success to the Star Son?
- Critically acclaimed movie to contest
- Anushka Shetty ready to tie the knot?
- Oops! Trisha faces Embarrassing moment on the stage due to her short skirt - 31 Photos as a Hot Treat
- These 19 Latest Photos of 35-Year-Old TRISHA proves that she gets Hotter with age