What Is Good
- Kamal Haasan
- Production Values
What Is Bad
- Too may sub plots
- First Half
- Screenplay lags
- Unwanted desi stuff
- Nowhere near the first part
Kamal Haasan as Wisam is energetic and at 63 looks handsome and super fit and perfect in the stunning action sequences, while also acing the emotions as always in several sentimental sequences. Pooja Kumar is extremely hot and sensuous, while Andrea Jeremiah is a vital part of the proceedings, and impresses with her histrionics. Waheeda Rehman is adequate, while Rahul Bose and Jaideep Ahlawat who looked menacing in part 1 are made to look like loud caricatures in this sequel. Shekar Kapur and Nasser are underutilized in insignificant roles.
Background score by Ghibran is pulsating and sets the mood of the movie and of his songs, the naanagiya nadhimoolame and Sathi matham are hum worthy while the rehash of yaarendru therigiratha fails to appeal. Cinematography by Sanu Varghese is top notch capturing the stunning action sequences and thrilling chases to perfection, while editing by Mahesh Narayan is fine. Ulaga nayagan Kamal Haasan had donned the director's hat earlier for Vishwaroopam, and in this sequel coming after 5 years, the director has tried to unravel mysteries in part 1 and reveal major backstories of all lead characters and in that attempt has messed up badly.
Vishwaroopam 2 suffers from excessive number of stories to open up , and lacks continuity or the finishing, and though the film is just around 2 hours and 24 minutes, it looks dragged giving the feel of a 4 hours long flick. Vishwaroopam 2 boasts of stunning Hollywood level action episodes, underwater fight and mid sky action, and unlike part 1, director Kamal has tried to make the sequel desi as possible with romance, family sentiments, comedy, but the attempt goes haywire with too many subplots marring the impact.
While Kamal delivers a honest performance, hotties Pooja Kumar and Andrea serve as eye candy and the pivot perfectly, while the movie which must have focused more on action spends a fair share of runtime on dialogue episodes as well. And this being a case of a prequel and a sequel together ( Wisam and family's past/origin as well as Wisam's life after Vishwaroopam 1), required a breathing space for the characters and the plot to establish, as director Kamal Haasan has stuffed too many episodes and too many political/ terror scenarios in too little runtime. All said, Vishwaroopam 2 is an excellent technical product, with towering acts by Kamal Haasan, Pooja Kumar and Andrea, lacking on screenplay and the engagement factor.
Kajal Aggarwal takes a dip in Swimming Pool and holds her breath for 'THIS' movie Following Kollywood and Tollywood which made and are making space flicks, with Jeyam Ravi starrer Tik Tik Tik and the upcoming Varun Tej starrer Antariksham 3500 mph, Bollywood is all set to make a space flick as well.
- Samantha Runs Steadily
- 39-Year-Old Actress who is Mother of Two Kids is making her moves
- 'Fidaa' Director seeks Kajal Aggarwal
- OMG... Karthi and Rakul Preet affected due to Himachal Pradesh Rains and Landslide during Shooting
- The most anticipated 'Nawab' gets a shorter duration with more cuts
- INSIDE TALK: Nagarjuna, Nani starrer 'DEVDAS' is a CLEAR WINNER
- Whaa..tt.. The Heck... Is this 'ARJUN REDDY' ?? Tamil Version is just....
- 'Attarintiki Daredi' Remake getting Ruined with a Flop Hero
- Whaa..tt...? Nayantara gets Married to her Boyfriend in Amritsar Golden Temple
- WooHoo... BIGGIE coming on Diwali itself instead of Christmas Weekend
- Nithya Menen grabs a Biggie
- Unseen Hot Photos of Pooja Hegde in Various Doggy Styles - All Pics Inside
- Kajal Aggarwal is Wife of a 57-Year-Old Man
- Another Rape scene for Trisha?