The pimple beauty Sai Pallavi, who had been having a very successful streak in Malayalam (Premam, kali), Telugu (Fidaa, MCA), faced a huge setback when she made her Tamil debut, with the Telugu/ Tamil bilingual Kanam/ Diya. Directed by AL Vijay, the movie, which was a horror flick revolving around the spirit of an aborted child coming to
haunt and kill its killers.
The movie received a poor review and went on to become the biggest failure in Sai Pallavi's career. The actress was last seen in Padi Padi Leche Manasu with Sharwanand in Telugu and Maari 2 in Tamil with Dhanush.
Prior to the release of Diya, it was said that Sai Pallavi will never resort to glam and will act only in traditional costumes, post the disastrous result of Diya, it seems the actress has changed her mind. Tamil cinema fans will soon get to see Sai Pallavi flaunting her curves in her upcoming movies.
Poonam Kaur to work for an Epic Series One can never forget Miss Andhra of the year 2005, Deepa, who got rechristened as Poonam Kaur, and entered films, and starred in several Telugu and tamil flicks, without much luck. While she started off with homely roles that didn't work in her favour, she later tried to go glam which also let her down.
- Regina's glamour is the selling point
- Nayan to join hands with Venky?
- Will Malvika grab it for the second time
- When Kajal Aggarwal recommended an actor
- Anjali's next horror movie will be in 3D
- Director makes remarks on the married heroine
- When Pooja surprised the entire crew
- Tamanna tastes another success after 'F2'
- 'Mega Actor' goes special training
- Shruti Haasan's 'Black' avatar will tease you - View Pics
- Sai Pallavi gets back to the 'Vintage' mode
- Nidhi Agerwal labels Akkineni as a Playboy
- 15 Eye-Candy Photos of Kajal in saree from vintage days!
- Huge sets erected for 'SAAHO'
- Rashmika to pair with Younger Akkineni?