The biopic of legendary actress Savithri, Mahanati directed by Nag Ashwin and starring Keerthy Suresh in the title role, was released on May 9, just 5 days after Allu Arjun starrer Vakkantham Vamsy directorial Naa Peru Surya released, and has since then been asserting box office supremacy.
While Mahanati opened to extremely positive critical reviews, and great support from the audience, it had great openings, and thanks to the quality of films that released in later weeks, like Nela Ticket, Ammamagarillu, Kasi, Mehbooba, Officer and Rajugadu being poor, Mahanati has been having a solid run at the box office.
Mahanati has already crossed the
$2.5 million mark at the US Box office and worldwide has crossed the share of
40 crores mark. With the only competition being the dubbed release Abhimanyudu
starring Vishal and Action King Arjun, Mahanati still has got a lot of time to
do good business.
ADULT COMEDY Team coming together again for another SEX COMEDY in 3D - Is she the Female Lead ? Way back in 2015, music director turned hero GV Prakash, who had then just begun his career with the horror comedy Darling which was a hit, had then ventured into doing soft porn stuff and adult comedy with the sensational flick Trisha Illana Nayanthara.
- Sri Divya is back with her Lucky Hero
- The Lip-Lock is used for Promotions!
- Nayantara's Boyfriend gets a Hero promotion
- Flop with Kajal and Tamanna, now Kalyan Ram dedicates himself Totally
- Young Bikini Beauty to pair with 59-Year-Old Akkineni for 'Manmadhudu' Sequel
- Shruti Haasan in Koratala's next
- Samantha faces DOUBLE TROUBLE
- Pellichoopulu Hindi version tastes a huge success!
- INSIDE TALK: 'Nannu Dochukunduvate' doesn't live upto the Hype and Hoopla
- Engagement Break Up with Rashmika, but he turns into a Sherlock now!
- Samantha's Flop Movie mints 50 Crores on Opening weekend
- Sultry Siren joins Biggie
- Another super model enters!
- Can Keerthy Suresh taste it again?
- Comedian to Try Again