Action hero Gopichand, who had been facing back to back failures post the success of Loukyam, with films like Jil, Soukyam, Gautam Nanda, and Oxygen, had a release after a gap, with Pantham - for a cause, released last week.
Directed by debutant Chakravarthy, Pantham happens to be Gopichand's silver jubilee flick, and costars golden girl Mehreen Pirzada, besides supporting artists like Sampathraj and Tanikella Bharani. Despite opening to mixed to average reviews, the fact that the other release of the week, Tej I love you turning out to be a disaster has worked in the favor of Pantham.
Pantham has taken good openings, and with a gross of 10.50 crores and a share of 6.77 crores worldwide in the opening weekend, the movie has turned out to be the best opening for Gopichand in his career so far. With not many movies releasing this week barring Vijetha and the dubbed Chinna Babu, Pantham might get another week's run. Despite these, the movie has failed as the collections have dropped since the second week. Trade pundits predict the movie will be a below avg.
Naresh gets such a 'Hot Chick' for his new project Allari Naresh, who was once a safe bet hero with his comic capers made in minimal budgets turning out to be commercially successful ventures, later went on to score one disaster after another, with his last few releases like Meda Meeda abbayi sinking without a trace.
- Vikram Kumar has directed 'SUCH A MOVIE' with TRISHA - Do you Know?
- Famous actresses part of Sex Racket - DETAILS Inside
- How much Kajal was paid for a sexy dance on the stage?
- Samantha's costume created troubles at the Shooting
- 14 Photos of Rakul at Femina Miss India
- Anjali dumps her Boyfriend
- What's cooking in BIGG BOSS 2?
- Trisha denied and Nayan accepted