Action hero Gopichand, who had been facing back to back failures post the success of Loukyam, with films like Jil, Soukyam, Gautam Nanda, and Oxygen, had a release after a gap, with Pantham - for a cause, released last week.
Directed by debutant Chakravarthy, Pantham happens to be Gopichand's silver jubilee flick, and costars golden girl Mehreen Pirzada, besides supporting artists like Sampathraj and Tanikella Bharani. Despite opening to mixed to average reviews, the fact that the other release of the week, Tej I love you turning out to be a disaster has worked in the favor of Pantham.
Pantham has taken good openings, and with a gross of 10.50 crores and a share of 6.77 crores worldwide in the opening weekend, the movie has turned out to be the best opening for Gopichand in his career so far. With not many movies releasing this week barring Vijetha and the dubbed Chinna Babu, Pantham might get another week's run. Despite these, the movie has failed as the collections have dropped since the second week. Trade pundits predict the movie will be a below avg.
100% Love getting Postponed again and again due to Tamanna! Music director turned actor GV Prakash was last seen on screen in the disastrous outing Sema which sank without a trace and he had a sole success in the form of the sleeper hit Naachiyaar directed by Bala, costarring Jyothika.
- Anu's Bad Luck continues?
- Lady Superstar finishes Next
- Another Hollywood movie Remake on cards...
- A Challenging role for 'Sweety'
- Tamanna with Controversial Hero and Controversial Director once again!
- Kajal to do an item number in Sports movie?
- Rakul Preet is upset as her Flop Streak continues...
- Nivetha's for Sree Vishnu
- Kiara Advani posts Two-Piece Bikini Photos and creates noise on the Internet
- #NTRMahanayakudu Review - First Report - A fitting tribute to the Superstar politician
- Ileana's Hot Romantic Song with the 50-Year-Old Actor
- A leading brand fires Samantha
- '3 Idiots' to have a sequel
- Surabhi is back!
- Samantha signs another female centric movie - Do you know who is the director?