Mumbai sources reported that the United States Consulate in Mumbai on Monday awarded 26 Indian shipping companies which participated in the US Coast Guard (USCG)’s Automated Mutual assistance Vessel Rescue (AMVER) programs. Meanwhile the AMVER in a worldwide initiative that ensures quick and efficient rescue of disabled or distressed ships at sea, saving the lives of sailors and ensuring continuity of shipping operations.
Accordingly US Consul General in Mumbai Edgard Kagan said that AMVER, now in its Diamond Jubilee year, is an excellent example of mutual assistance and partnership. Kagan said “These awards are an opportunity to recognize the Indian merchant mariners and their efforts to facilitate world trade while preserving safety at sea”.
Moreover when presenting the awards jointly with
Kagan, India’s Director General of Shipping Malini V. Shankar said that AMVER
is a unique and voluntary global ship reporting system used worldwide to
arrange for assistance to ships and sailors in distress at sea. Shankar added “Instead
of relying only on specialized rescue operations, this initiative provides an
excellent opportunity for mutual cooperation on the seas. AMVER is an enduring
example of international public-private partnership”.
Nikki Haley slammed US President Washington sources reported that US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley has slammed the “misleading and politically motivated” UN report on poverty and inequality in the country that accuses President Donald Trump of forcing millions of citizens into deprivation. As per report Philip Alston, a New York University law and human rights professor, led the study travelling across US. He said that the US was fast becoming a “champion of inequality.
- Woman Journalists feel happy after the resignation of MJ Akbar
- Indian Professor honored with Einstein Prize
- CEO of Msys Technologies honored as Market Entrepreneur Award
- Depreciation puts rupees in NRIs hands, making properties cheaper
- Georgia based orthodontist, appointed by Governor Nathan Deal to Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Navin Gurnaney assumes as CEO of Tata Starbucks in Atlanta
- Google CEO agrees to testify before House Judiciary Committee
- IMFs First Female Chief Economist appointed
- Village Rockstars selected as official entry to India for 91st Academy Awards
- 3 Women leaders among 115 people selected as FB Global Community Leaders
- Indian professor honored with Outstanding Investigator Award
- Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington