Mumbai sources reported that the United States Consulate in Mumbai on Monday awarded 26 Indian shipping companies which participated in the US Coast Guard (USCG)’s Automated Mutual assistance Vessel Rescue (AMVER) programs. Meanwhile the AMVER in a worldwide initiative that ensures quick and efficient rescue of disabled or distressed ships at sea, saving the lives of sailors and ensuring continuity of shipping operations.
Accordingly US Consul General in Mumbai Edgard Kagan said that AMVER, now in its Diamond Jubilee year, is an excellent example of mutual assistance and partnership. Kagan said “These awards are an opportunity to recognize the Indian merchant mariners and their efforts to facilitate world trade while preserving safety at sea”.
Moreover when presenting the awards jointly with
Kagan, India’s Director General of Shipping Malini V. Shankar said that AMVER
is a unique and voluntary global ship reporting system used worldwide to
arrange for assistance to ships and sailors in distress at sea. Shankar added “Instead
of relying only on specialized rescue operations, this initiative provides an
excellent opportunity for mutual cooperation on the seas. AMVER is an enduring
example of international public-private partnership”.
Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff Washington sources added a former Indian American White House official has been recruited by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal as her Chief of Staff. Meanwhile Gautam Raghavan used to be the White House liaison to the LGBTQ community as well as the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community during former President Barack Obama’s time.
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know
- 4 Indian American members of House of Representatives re-elected
- Indian origin man charged in US with H-1B visa & mail fraud