United Nations sources reported that Development and environment expert Satya S. Tripathi has been appointed an assistant Secretary General and will head the UN Environment Program’s New York office. Meanwhile the appointment made Monday by Secretary General Antonio Guterres was announced by his Spokesperson Stephane Guterres.
Presently Tripathi is the third Indian at the senior levels of the UN hierarchy. He has served the UN for 20 years in “Europe, Asia and Africa on strategic assignments in sustainable development, human rights, democratic governance and legal affairs”. Dujarric said “Tripathi has been the Senior Adviser on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UNEP since 2017”. Moreover a development economist and lawyer with over 35 years of experience, one of his key roles at the UN was as the UN Recovery Coordinator for the $7 billion post-tsunami and post conflict recovery efforts in Aceh and Nias in Indonesia.
Furthermore he also chaired the Committees on Laws and Treaties for the UN
mediated Cyprus unification talks in 2004. Tripathi has commerce and law bachelor’s
degrees and masters in law from Behrampur University in Odisha. Moreover Nikhil
Seth, the Executive Director of UN Institute for Training and Research, is at
the level of an assistant Secretary General according to last year’s Voluntary
Public Disclosure listing of senior staff’s assets.
Why Kamala Harris father slammed her for pot smoking joke? Washington sources reported that US Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has been slammed by her father for saying that she smoked marijuana in her younger years and supports it becoming legalized. Meanwhile Donald Harris, an economics professor at Stanford University, claimed his daughter was playing “identity politics”
- NRI arrested for molesting US Woman in Delhi
- Is Masood Azhar the Global terrorist in Pulwama attack
- US Senator Kamala Harris decides to marry a White Man
- NRI man should register his marriage within 30, failing passport be impounded or revoked
- American arrested for joining in Pakistan Terror Organization LeT
- India issued demarche to US asking it to release Indian students detained in connection with
- Tulsi Gabbard, Hindu US Congresswoman launched her 2020 presidential campaign in Hawaii
- Hindu temple vandalized in US state of Kentucky
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- PM Modi made Passport, Visa ease for overseas Indians
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- 11 year old boy rescued 34 year old man drowning in pool
- PM Narendra Modi will award medals to winners of 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22
- Indian American spokesman of White House left Trump administration
- Race for US 2020 President Election likely to see a Hindu representative