New Delhi sources stated that India on Thursday called upon the US to ensure a non-discriminatory and predictable approach to issuance of H-1B visas, largely availed of by Indian IT firms. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said “I sought Secretary Pompeo’s support to nurture our people to people links,” while addressing the media after participating in the first ever 2+2 India-US Ministerial Dialogue along with Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.
Sushma Swaraj said “Specifically, she had conveyed our expectation for a non-discriminatory and predictable approach to the H-1B visa regime, given its high impact on innovation, competitiveness and people to people partnership, all of which are a vital source of strength for our relationship”.
Moreover according to the new policy, the hiring company would have to
prove that its H-1B employee at a third party work site has specific and
non-qualifying speculative assignments in specialty occupation. Furthermore Sushma
Swaraj said she mentioned to Pompeo that on the basis of the friendship between
Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Indians believe that the US will not
work against their interest.
Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House Washington sources reported that Democrat Kamala Harris, the first Indian-American to serve in the US Senate, launched her campaign for the White House on Monday while appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America. Meanwhile in a brief video from her campaign that was released on the social media at the same time she appeared on the show, Harris called on her supporters to join with her to “claim our future”.
- 11 year old boy rescued 34 year old man drowning in pool
- PM Narendra Modi will award medals to winners of 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22
- Indian American spokesman of White House left Trump administration
- Race for US 2020 President Election likely to see a Hindu representative
- ICC welcomed USA Cricket as its newest member
- Indian Graduate shot dead in Atlanta
- Donald Trump stirred a diplomatic tempest by ridiculing development of India in Afghanistan
- Man arrested for killing Indian American cop
- Indian American Teenager won University hackathon
- Indian American Cop shot dead during traffic stop
- Nalgonda district teens killed in Tennessee fire accident
- 2 people charged in murder for hire of an executive chef in California
- New Indian Ambassador to US appointed
- Saikat Chakrabarti, Chief of Staff to newly elected Congresswoman is among Politico's "Power List" of people
- Why Nehal Chudasama failed to make it to Top 20 of Miss Universe 2018?