Vishal who is the President of Tamil Film Producers Council has decided not to release any new Tamil movies from Friday against 10% local body tax. Already, several producers are facing tough times due to the implementation of GST from July 1, 2017.
Now, the State Government has imposed an additional 10% local body tax and this has shaken the entire industry. The producer council expressed its displeasure over the 10% extra charges under the name of local tax. The council has requested the government to withdraw the local tax and till then no Tamil movie would be released from Friday.
To recall, Theaters across Tamil Nadu were shut down for few days after the implementation of Goods and Service Tax in July. The theaters were opened again as a request by the Government and a committee was formed to look after their demands.
4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate According to sources from Washington the US Senate had rejected all the four immigration reform proposals put forward, which, if passed, could have immensely benefited the 1.8 million young migrants who were brought to the country as children and hundreds of thousands of 'skilled' Indian IT professionals. Presently the senators failed to get enough votes for either of the immigration bill to be passed.
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?
- Apple gearing up to catapult three new iPhone this fiscal year