Chennai sources have stated that former Assam Governor Banwarilal Purohit, who has been appointed a few days back by the President as the Governor of Tamilnadu, has sworn-in as the State’s Governor by the Chief Justice of the High Court of Madras. Meanwhile it may be recalled that Dr. Rosaiah’s 5 year term as the Governor ended in August last year, a few weeks before the ill-fated admission of the then Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha to Apollo Hospitals, Chennai from where she never returned alive.
Moreover earlier Maharashtra Governor Vidyasagar Rao was appointed as interim Governor of Tamilnadu as well and the arrangement has continued for more than a year. Furthermore after working in the North-East, he now comes to take charge as Governor of Tamilnadu at a time when the State’s political scenario continues to be volatile for the past 11 months and ever since last December’s demise of ‘Puratchithalaivi’ J. Jayalalitha.
Rao’s functioning came under criticism from many quarters and opposition
parties in the State had requested the Centre many times to appoint a full-time
and regular Governor for the State. Chief Justice of the High Court of
Madras Indira Banerjee would be swearing in Banwarilal Purohit as the next
Governor of the State at a grand swearing-in ceremony took place at Raj Bhawan.
Telangana's ruling TRS bagged all three Rajya Sabha seats Hyderabad sources stated that B. Prakash, J. Santosh Kumar and AB. Lingaiah Yadav were elected to the Upper House. Congress candidate and former union minister P. Balram Naik was defeated, officials said. Accordingly a total of 108 members of the Assembly voted. Prakash secured 33 votes while Santosh Kumar and Yadav polled 32 votes each. Meanwhile the Congress candidate got only 10 votes as independent member D. Prakash Reddy's vote was declared invalid by the Election Commission.
- Donald Trump temporarily excluded six countries on steel and aluminium
- After a two year ban, CSK faces Mumbai Indians on April 7
- Assange accused of rape while Zuckerberg faces no such cases
- The Alien tomato that went viral!!
- Kohli plans to get a penthouse!
- Has Shami admitted his affairs?
- Angry father kills daughter for marrying Dalit !
- Australia abolished employer sponsored 457 visa program, used by Indians
- White House said Trump denies having an affair with McDougal
- Hollywood actor wrote letter to Parkland students
- Woman beaten up by husband & village Panchayat - video goes viral
- Endorsement of a candidate considered a sign of consolidating votes in Karnataka
- PM Narendra Modi's book EXAM WARRIORS changed attitude of many students
- Mayawati struggle for seat in UP became tougher- Here is why
- Voting underway for 26 remaining seats of 59 across seven states, with eyes on UP