Washington sources reported that as per a statement "Remittance inflows improved in all regions and the top remittance recipients were India with $69 billion, followed by China ($64 billion), the Philippines ($33 billion), Mexico ($31 billion), Nigeria ($22 billion), and Egypt ($20 billion)". Meanwhile the remittances to India rose sharply by 9.9% in 2017, reversing the previous year’s sharp decline.
Media reports global remittances are expected grow 4.6% to $642 billion in 2018. As per the World Bank's latest Migration and Development brief the remittances to low and middle-income countries rebounded to a record level in 2017 after two consecutive years of decline.
Dilip Ratha, lead economist at the World Bank in
his blog said “The overall recovery in remittances is better than we expected.
It is driven by stronger growth in the European Union, the Russian Federation,
and the United States. Moreover the rebound in remittances, when valued in US
dollars, was helped by higher oil prices and a strengthening of the euro and
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan