New York sources reported that Hiral Tipirneni lost by only 6% of the votes in Tuesday’s by-election from a constituency that was considered so heavily Republican that the Democratic Party did not even bother to run a candidate there in 2016 considering it futile. Meanwhile the by-election in the constituency, which covers the suburbs of the state’s main city Phoenix, was caused by the resignation of Trent Franks, the sex scandal-tainted long-time Republican member of the House of Representatives.
Accordingly Trump polled 21% more votes in the constituency against Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. Moreover Tipirneni won, she would have joined the four Indian-Americans in the House of Representative Ami Bera, Raja Krishnamoorthi, Pramila Jayapal and Ro Khanna. Kamala Harris is a senator of part Indian-American heritage.
Further despite Tipirneni’s defeat, her polling 47% of the votes in a
constituency that had previously been written off as unwinnable by the
Democrats was seen as a boost for the party working hard to capture Congress in
the November elections.
Donations pouring into CMPRF for Cyclone Gaja As per report a day after TN Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced Rs 1000 crore as relief money towards the damages caused by Cyclone Gaja, a government order was issued on Tuesday with more details on how the money would be spent. Meanwhile other than the government, many other political parties, individuals and companies have pitched in resources to bring the affected
- P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!