Chennai sources reported that to provide relief to the patients suffering from rare diseases in Tamilnadu, a Centre of Excellence for rare disorders (CERD) has been launched at Voluntary Health Services (VHS). The CERD has been launched to provide comprehensive health care services to rare disease patients to support the department of maternal and child health of VHS. Meanwhile Dr J. Radhakrishnan, health secretary of Tamilnadu launched the centre, actor Karthi Sivakumar, Dr S Suresh, secretary, VHS and Dr Sujatha Jagadeesh, head of the department of clinical genetics, Mediscan were also present at the event.
Moreover the centre will provide the treatment for rare diseases, give supportive treatment, monitor the patients' conditions regularly and also provide rehabilitation services. Accordingly “The centre would create awareness on birth defects and disorders, but also provide timely access to patients who need diagnosis, intervention and treatment for these diseases”.
Further Dr. Sujatha Jagadeesh said "With the
lack of such a facility, a majority of the patients were at a loss as to how to
cope with these critical conditions they are born with. Presently with
the launch of this centre, patients can undergo timely treatment which would
improve their quality of life.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day