New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
Accordingly there are, however, more sops for cab aggregates and bus fleet owners. Moreover the buyers of electric cars, which will run as taxis, are expected to get sops of Rs 1-5-2.5 lakh for vehicles that cost up to Rs 15 lakh.
As per report the same sops will be available to individuals buying
electric cars, provided they scrap their pre-BS III vehicles and get a certificate
from the approved scrapping centre. Furthermore the plan awaiting government
approval is likely to come as a major setback to the automobile industry,
which is working out its strategy based on the assumption that the Centre will
offer incentives to make all types of electric vehicles more attractive.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment