New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
Accordingly there are, however, more sops for cab aggregates and bus fleet owners. Moreover the buyers of electric cars, which will run as taxis, are expected to get sops of Rs 1-5-2.5 lakh for vehicles that cost up to Rs 15 lakh.
As per report the same sops will be available to individuals buying
electric cars, provided they scrap their pre-BS III vehicles and get a certificate
from the approved scrapping centre. Furthermore the plan awaiting government
approval is likely to come as a major setback to the automobile industry,
which is working out its strategy based on the assumption that the Centre will
offer incentives to make all types of electric vehicles more attractive.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam