Beijing sources reported that China's state-run news agency reported citing the plane's manufacturer that "They are endeavoring to get the airworthiness certification from the civil aviation authorities by 2021, and deliver it to the customers by 2022". Xinhua quoted Huang Lingcai, the plane's chief designer at state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), as saying that China developed the AG600 as part of a drive to modernize its military; in places like the South China Sea that has rattled nerves in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States.
Meanwhile it made its maiden flight in China in December. Huang also said the aircraft would make more flights in 2018, including its first takeoff from water. Accordingly AVIC has spent about eight years developing the aircraft, which is roughly the size of a Boeing Co 737 and is designed to carry out marine rescues and battle forest fires, which has a range of up to 4,500 kms (2,800 miles) and is designed to be able to take off and land in two metre (six feet) waves.
Furthermore it is powered by four turboprop engines; the AG600 can carry
50 people during maritime search and rescue missions, and can scoop up 12
metric tons of water within 20 seconds for firefighting trips, according to
state media. Previously in December, state media said that the aircraft had
received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees