Beijing sources reported that China's state-run news agency reported citing the plane's manufacturer that "They are endeavoring to get the airworthiness certification from the civil aviation authorities by 2021, and deliver it to the customers by 2022". Xinhua quoted Huang Lingcai, the plane's chief designer at state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), as saying that China developed the AG600 as part of a drive to modernize its military; in places like the South China Sea that has rattled nerves in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States.
Meanwhile it made its maiden flight in China in December. Huang also said the aircraft would make more flights in 2018, including its first takeoff from water. Accordingly AVIC has spent about eight years developing the aircraft, which is roughly the size of a Boeing Co 737 and is designed to carry out marine rescues and battle forest fires, which has a range of up to 4,500 kms (2,800 miles) and is designed to be able to take off and land in two metre (six feet) waves.
Furthermore it is powered by four turboprop engines; the AG600 can carry
50 people during maritime search and rescue missions, and can scoop up 12
metric tons of water within 20 seconds for firefighting trips, according to
state media. Previously in December, state media said that the aircraft had
received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code