New Delhi sources added that Manmohan along with other senior leaders of Congress have signed the letter addressed to the President Ramnath Kovind. Meanwhile as per report Manmohan Singh stated that Modi's words are threatening and it undermines democratic values. Media reports that the letter stated, is not expected to use menacing language even in the course of an election campaign, which is tantamount to a prime minister using his powers and privileges to "settle personal and political scores”.
Meanwhile when referring to the oath of office, it said the prime minister of India holds a very special position under the Constitution. Accordingly the Congress leaders said all prime ministers of India in the past have maintained immense dignity and decorum in the discharge of public or private functions or actions.
The letter said "The threat held out by the Prime Minister to the INC's
leadership deserves to be condemned and this cannot be the language of the
Prime Minister of a constitutionally governed democratic country of 1.3 Billion
people. Such discourse whether in public or private is unacceptable conduct and
moreover the words used are menacing and intimidating with intent to insult and
provoke breach of the peace”.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan