New Delhi sources added that Manmohan along with other senior leaders of Congress have signed the letter addressed to the President Ramnath Kovind. Meanwhile as per report Manmohan Singh stated that Modi's words are threatening and it undermines democratic values. Media reports that the letter stated, is not expected to use menacing language even in the course of an election campaign, which is tantamount to a prime minister using his powers and privileges to "settle personal and political scores”.
Meanwhile when referring to the oath of office, it said the prime minister of India holds a very special position under the Constitution. Accordingly the Congress leaders said all prime ministers of India in the past have maintained immense dignity and decorum in the discharge of public or private functions or actions.
The letter said "The threat held out by the Prime Minister to the INC's
leadership deserves to be condemned and this cannot be the language of the
Prime Minister of a constitutionally governed democratic country of 1.3 Billion
people. Such discourse whether in public or private is unacceptable conduct and
moreover the words used are menacing and intimidating with intent to insult and
provoke breach of the peace”.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!