Meanwhile when addressing the press from his head office in Chennai, Makkal Needhi Maiam leader Kamal Hassan has said that an exclusive meeting will be held in Chennai to discuss Tamilnadu’s rights in the ongoing Cauvery tussle with other states on May 19 and that water experts, farmers and party members will take part in it. Meanwhile Kamal also left the meeting open for other parties to participate as well.
Kamal said “This is an important gathering. Based on discussions with all the farmers association it has been decided that a meeting will be conducted in Chennai. Calling it Tamilnadu’s voice for Cauvery, we plan to discuss and demand Tamilnadu’s rightful share of water from different dams".
Kamal added “Tomorrow, no matter who wins in Karnataka elections, there’s
going to be a Chief Minister who is bound by people’s welfares. We shall meet
him, no matter which party he belongs to, he is human too right? We will talk
to him. We will appeal to him. For that we need to unite". He concluded by
saying "The only way is for farmers to be united. Everyone’s got to be
united beyond political boundaries and he is happy that they have chosen
Nallakannu ayya as their leader".
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day