Bengaluru sources added that Minutes after the counting began in the Karnataka election, the early trends showed that it was a neck and neck battle between the Congress and the BJP. It is not known whether the Siddaramaiah-led Congress government will return to power or the BJP will regain the only southern state it has ever ruled, or if it will be a hung house the verdict of the Karnataka assembly election 2018 will be clear in a few hours from now.
Presently votes are being counted for 222 of the 224 assembly seats from 8 am. Meanwhile an aggregate of nine exit polls shows the BJP emerging as the largest party with 97 seats, but well short of the majority mark. As per report the Congress will win 90 seats and regional party Janata Dal Secular or JDS 31, according to the poll of exit polls.
Moreover with the exit polls also predicting that HD Deve Gowda of the Janata Dal Secular will emerge as the kingmaker, there has been a strong buzz of post-poll negotiations even before the counting of votes begins. Presently there is speculation that the JDS chief HD Kumaraswamy is in talks with the Congress and the BJP. Furthermore Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said while he is willing to stay on as the chief minister for another term, he would step aside for a Dalit candidate if the party high command so desires. Moreover the JDS has said it is the Congress's "responsibility" to reach out if it does not get a majority today.
Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi According to sources seasoned politician Chandrababu Naidu whenever he gets an opportunity, he is cornering Modi on issues rather than indulging in personal diatribe. Meanwhile the other day, Naidu has cracked some brilliant satires on Modi's tall claims during the latter's foreign tours. Furthermore Naidu said he was delighted to see Modi's statement on Fintech at Singapore. Naidu said "Where
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name