Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa met Governor Vajubhai Vala and staked claim to form the government, countering a move of the Congress-JDS combine which he slammed as an attempt to come back to power through the back door. Yeddyurappa told "BJP has emerged as the single largest party; we have requested the governor to give us an opportunity to prove our majority on the floor of the assembly”.
Meanwhile the move by Yeddyurappa came soon after JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy wrote to the governor informing him about his decision to accept the Congress' support extended to his party to form the government. Previously Yeddyurappa accused the Congress of trying to subvert the popular mandate and come back to power through the back door by offering support to JDS to form the government.
Furthermore Yeddyurappa said the people of the state
had rejected the Siddaramaiah government "lock, stock and barrel" and
given a mandate for change. The BJP strongman told reporters "The people
had given a mandate for a Congress-mukt Karnataka". Further Yeddyurappa
said there was anti-incumbency against the Siddaramaiah government and the
chief minister himself had suffered a "pathetic defeat" in his home
constituency of Chamundeshwari.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day