With the Karnataka state assembly election results not ending in favor of either BJP or Congress, as neither of them gained majority seats, the BJP party has now begun its strategies to woo the Lingayat sect MLAs of Congress party to them. With the minimum requirement to form the government by any party being the winning of 112 seats out of the total of 222 constituencies, both the parties are making desperate measures.
While BJP has won 104 seats, Congress has won 78, Janata Dal secular has won 38, while 2 constituencies witnessed independent candidates winning. With congress joining hands with JD and even the 2 independent candidates joining them, the congress alliance now has 118 seats in their belt.
As BS Yedyurappa for BJP and Kumarasamy for the congress-JD alliance have planned to meet the governor, BJP has reportedly planned to lure 8 Lingayat MLAs from congress. It must be noted that despite Sidharamaiah announcing Lingayats as a separate religion prior to elections, the congress party did not receive support of Lingayats. Now with the plan to pull Lingayats, and also to pressurize Congress cadre to not accept Kumarasamy as CM, BJP is making its moves to thwart Congress plans.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu