Varanasi sources reported that a portion of an under construction flyover near the railway station here collapsed today and several people were feared trapped under the debris. Police said the incident had occurred post-noon, officials said adding rescue teams were rushed to the spot. Moreover the senior police and administration officers also reached the site of the incident.
An official said "It is feared that several people are buried under the rubble”. They said some vehicles were also crushed in the incident. Further the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed grief over the incident while Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya is reaching there, an official spokesperson said in Lucknow.
Moreover the chief minister has directed the
district administration and PWD officials to take all necessary steps for
relief and rescue operations. Media reports that Director General of Police
(DGP) OP Singh said NRDF teams were reaching the spot besides police personnel.
Local administration was providing emergency services with medical and other
teams carrying out rescue work.
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack