Seoul sources stated that South and North Korea have agreed to hold high-level inter-Korea talks on May 16, confirmed South Korea's Unification Ministry. Several media reports quoted the Unification Ministry, as saying, in a statement that "The South and North will hold a high-level inter-Korea meeting on May 16 in the Peace House in Panmunjom, to discuss the implementation of 'Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity, and Unification of the Korean Peninsula”.
Meanwhile the two sides are likely to discuss measures related to the implementation of agreements reached at the intra-Korean summit in April and accordingly the meet is scheduled at the border village of Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), the world's most heavily guarded border, separating the two countries.
Moreover as per report Wednesday's inter-Korea talks will see North Korea send a 29 member delegation led by Ri Son-gwon, chairman of the 'Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the country'. Further from South Korea, Unification Minister Cho Myoung-gyon will lead a team of five and moreover the ceremony for the dismantling of the facility has been scheduled between May 23-25.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!